Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

can you spoil a nb?

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:28 PM
  • 33 Replies
I have read a ton of articles saying you can't spoil a newborn, but I'm curious if this is actually true or not. My parents think I've spoiled my 4 wk old because we co-sleep (I let her sleep/nap on my chest) and she won't fall asleep on her own in her bouncy seat, and she doesn't stay happy long when she's awake and we put her in it. She likes to be held. What's your opinion on this subject?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
April620
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Idk we cosleep
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstina
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:30 PM
you cant spoil a newborn.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LongBeachLiz
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think you can spoil a newborn. Some are more needy then others and it's ok. Newborns only care about their needs, they don't have any true wants and desires.
norwgnwood
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:33 PM
Nope.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JTnJT
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Impossible!  You CAN NOT spoil a newborn...they rely on us as their mama's for EVERYTHING...no, I don't think a newborn can be spoiled because you hold them, love them, take care of them.

momto1ryen
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:35 PM

NO you can't. My ds from the moment he was born insisted on being held and he wasn't even a day old. Everytime I went to put him in the nursey crib next to me he's wake up, but as soon as I picked him up he was calm. Babies aren't spoiled but they do have mommy as a comfort zone and of course they want to be with you. Some babies just want to be held, so go ahead an hold her and let her sleep with you if that's what you want. Besides their only this age for a minute so soak it up and enjoy every moment because it will be gone way to fast.

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:44 PM

No, I don't think you can. Some are more needy than others. Both my daughters co-slept with us and napped on us and one of them adored tummy time and was happy as a clam all the time. The other one got frustrated during tummy time and things more easily and wanted to be held more often than her sister had. Two different personalities. :-)

Bek22
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:50 PM
No, you can never ever ever spoil a baby!
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Nope, can't spoil a baby.

hnischke
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:53 PM
My son was the same way. He's 12 weeks as of today. He still falls asleep on my chest but will now stay asleep once transferred to his bassinet. He has started to self soothe. There have been times we've known he was tired and needed to put him down momentarily. Too our surprise he was asleep when we came to pick him up. Your baby was in the womb for the better part of a year. You are the only comfort they know.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN