Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

can you spoil a nb?

Posted by   + Show Post
I have read a ton of articles saying you can't spoil a newborn, but I'm curious if this is actually true or not. My parents think I've spoiled my 4 wk old because we co-sleep (I let her sleep/nap on my chest) and she won't fall asleep on her own in her bouncy seat, and she doesn't stay happy long when she's awake and we put her in it. She likes to be held. What's your opinion on this subject?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Replies (31-33):
happymotherof6
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:27 PM

I have six little ones and each of them have different personalities even as newborns I remember when one of my daughters did not like the bouncers or swing ect she wanted the real thingto be held in our arms and also she HATED formula she would only take breast milk so you can only imagine when I went out for like 2 ours to buy groceries she would not take formula and cried the entire time. I never left again without pumping milk. and she was a newborn. even at birth she refused to lay in tose hospital bassinets she wanted to sleep with me on my bed. so till this day she is such a picky eater I have to cook separately for her and she has strong preferances which is fine. I respect that. but please know that you CANNOT spoil a newborn:) this is just you babies personality and preference:)

babygomez
by April on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:47 PM

In my opinion, not a newborn. 

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:58 PM

In my opinion, no

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)