Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Mommy Inventions

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:52 AM
  • 3 Replies

Was just thinking about how creative us moms have to be sometimes to solve baby problems. Was wondering if anyone else has any "mommy inventions"... anything you've improvised to solve a problem.

I know I've had a lot of them, but really can't think of very many right now.

I have always had trouble with the blanket blowing off of the carseat on windy days, causing problems when we take baby out. I designated one blanket to cover the carseat and went to the craft store and got snaps that pressed into the fabric. Now the blanket snaps to the fabric of the carseat and stays put, it took some time to get them in the right place, but it fits over the carseat very well too.

Our bathroom is right beside the drafty outside door and I never want to take a wet baby through that drafty part of the house right after he's out of the tub. For the first little while I just layed him on a folded towel on the floor when he was done his bath. This wasn't working as he was getting bigger and winter set in, the floor just seemed very cold and he would squirm off the towel. I ended up with an extra change pad when we ordered the change table, it can't be used on the change table because it's just a little bit too big. I was supposed to sell it, but looked at it one day and saw the solution to that problem. I covered it with a receiving blanket and keep in a corner of the bathroom, when he is done his bath I wrap him in his towel and lay him on that, then I am free to take my time as I put lotion on him and get him dressed.

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:54 AM
1 mom liked this

no but because I was pumping, I became a whiz at doing things using only one hand!

calvinsmommy18
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 12:01 AM
I think of ways to improve things a lot but can't come up with a specific thing right now. BUMP for when I can remember.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alandou
by April on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:32 AM

isn't that funny how we know we've come up with something creative to help us do something, but when asked about it, we can't remember, LoL. I guess it's just motherly instinct and we dont think about it, we just do what works. However, I do remember using my toes to pick up alot of stuff when dd was a baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN