Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

I feel like I should be doing something.......

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:38 PM
  • 12 Replies

So I just found I was 4 weeks pregnant. My daughter is 15 months old, She has everything she needs. I'm not putting her last, She comes first and then my husband. Sorry I just don't know how to word this. I just do want to word it wrong and have people take in a wrong way. but anyway so I have insomnia So  I feel I  should be doing something for this baby. I made lists on what will need, if its a boy or girl. Plz don't take this the wrong way. I don't want people to think I put my 15 month old last. sorry. so what do you think. Oh and one last thing we will not be getting another baby shower how if that help, but anyway plz give some ideas of things I could be doing. Sorry if all that sounds funny.

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Lol, relax you've got 9 months! It's way too early to worry about doing stuff :-)
Congratulations!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:36 PM
I'm not sure what the question is. Are you wondering what you'll need to buy for this baby? Why would anyone think that makes you put your 15 month old last?

I'd hold off buying anything. If its the same gender as your child, you may not need to buy much at all. I'm pregnant and my DD is 17 months. If I have a girl, we just need a carseat and a double stroller. That's it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Erinn602
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:39 PM
2 moms liked this

It doesn't sounds funny or bad. It's normal to want to prepare for a new baby. That doesn't mean you are putting your other daughter on the back burner. All you can really do is try to remember what you used/needed for your daughter when she was born and figure out what was used most often and go from there. You can even try to get your daughter involved in the joy of a new baby by teaching her how to hold a baby or try to spend time with friends that have small babies so she can learn how to interact and handle them. Thats what we are doing with my 13 month old niece and my 4 month old daughter.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
angela.bouchard
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Seriously! Congrats :-)

Quoting larissalarie:

Lol, relax you've got 9 months! It's way too early to worry about doing stuff :-)

Congratulations!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
calvinsmommy18
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:48 PM
I kept everything from my 1st baby for my 2nd. My first was a boy. And my 2nd is a girl. They are 3 1/2 yrs apart. I also traded my boys clothes for girls clothes with a friend. But the big baby items I had and are gender neutral.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommylizTB2809
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:56 PM

My mom had me at a really young age so when my brother and sister came I was put aside and I just dont want my daughter to feel the way I did

Quoting Erinn602:

It doesn't sounds funny or bad. It's normal to want to prepare for a new baby. That doesn't mean you are putting your other daughter on the back burner. All you can really do is try to remember what you used/needed for your daughter when she was born and figure out what was used most often and go from there. You can even try to get your daughter involved in the joy of a new baby by teaching her how to hold a baby or try to spend time with friends that have small babies so she can learn how to interact and handle them. Thats what we are doing with my 13 month old niece and my 4 month old daughter.

Momof3204
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 1:10 AM
Congrats!
DarlaHood
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this

People have babies 2 years apart all the time.  I have a brother just over 2 years younger than me.  You are putting unnecessary guilt on yourself.  Just help your 15-mos. old to be part of this exciting journey. Get excited.  Throw her a little "you're gonna be a big sister party."  Make some cupcakes, and let her pick out a couple things she wants to have so she can help take care of the baby.  Also pick her out a couple of big sister things that the baby is not allowed to touch or use.  Give her a special little space that she can go to when she wants/needs a break from baby.  I saw a really cute one on Pinterest that someone made by draping fabric to hang over a Hula Hoop to make a round tent, which was hanging from the ceiling.  It had an opening and had blankets, pillows, stuffed animals, and books inside. 

Make sure when the baby comes you make time to give her undivided attention each day.  And stress all the "special" things that she can do that baby can't do because he/she's too little. 

If you make her feel like an important part of this, she won't feel displaced by the baby.  She might feel a little bit of jealousy at times.  This is normal, and it will pass.  Keep her baby book handy so as you go through stages of pregnancy, birth, and baby growth, you can show her how important those milestones were for you when she reached them.

And, where are you in the people who are priority for you to take care of?  Your dd, your dh, and then you?  Nope... You can't come last.  Yes, your children have to be your priority, but you can only care properly for them if you care properly for you!  And now is the time for dh to pamper and take care of you and his dd.

Congratulations! 

abra
by Abra on Dec. 15, 2012 at 3:01 AM
I am not really sure what you are saying,but my third and fourth kids are 17 months apart and both fully loved. I meet everyones needs but wants are a hierarchy and my hubby is at the top of thr list,of course, he is a good man, too.
opinionatedmom
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 3:03 AM

drink sleepy time tea and go to sleep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN