Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wants to eat every hour today and restless sleep

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:49 AM
  • 7 Replies
my dd will be 4 weeks old on wensday, and she has always been on a schedule. She was in the hospital for 8 days so by the time she came home, she was eating every three hours. All the sudden today she wants to eat every hour but she is only eating .5 oz at a time. I cant get her to stay awake long enough to finish her bottle (as long as she has the bottle in her mouth she will sleep). I have tried all the tricks to wake her up, and nothing. Also when i lay her down to sleep, its like a restless sleep. She moves and moves. She wont take her binky. When i try to swaddle her she gets really mad. I was thinking about putting her on her stomach, but im scared to. Any advice? By the way she is still on oxygen if that means anything to you....thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
USMCwife0530
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:37 AM
She's probably going through a growth spurt. She's only 4 weeks old, do not even attempt to put her on a schedule. As far as putting her in her belly, I'd say don't even think about it. If she's on oxygen, the last thing I'd do is put her on her belly. Just hang in there, it'll get better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:17 AM

Maybe she is going through a growth spurt.

Loralismommy224
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting USMCwife0530:

She's probably going through a growth spurt. She's only 4 weeks old, do not even attempt to put her on a schedule. As far as putting her in her belly, I'd say don't even think about it. If she's on oxygen, the last thing I'd do is put her on her back. Just hang in there, it'll get better.

This exactly...& may I add that you can try massages after a warm bath. That should help ease the pain of a growth spurt, which is probably why she's restless.
ncohetero
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:58 AM
My son is going to be six weeks on Wednesday and will only sleep on his stomach. Also he has severe colic. I just started using gripe water today as I was at my wits end and I have to say its been a godsend
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erikays
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:26 AM
Sounds like a growth spurt, hungry baby :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Sounds like a normal newborn to me.
I certainly wouldn't risk stomach sleeping with a baby on oxygen! Remember, frequent waking is good SIDS defense :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hthrlcl
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:16 PM
we cant do baths, all i can do is wipe her down with a warm wash rag. The oxygen ppl told me no lotions, and no baths.

Quoting Loralismommy224:

Quoting USMCwife0530:

She's probably going through a growth spurt. She's only 4 weeks old, do not even attempt to put her on a schedule. As far as putting her in her belly, I'd say don't even think about it. If she's on oxygen, the last thing I'd do is put her on her back. Just hang in there, it'll get better.

This exactly...& may I add that you can try massages after a warm bath. That should help ease the pain of a growth spurt, which is probably why she's restless.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)