Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At what age did you being your baby to church?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:23 AM
  • 40 Replies
If you go to church of coarse.

My baby boy was born 3 days ago and I'm wondering when we can go back to our regular Sunday church service. He's super quiet and I think we can definitely make it threw a church service with him. I'm just worried about germs and stuff like that since the hospital said try to keep him out of public places for awhile if possible. I want him to get used to the music and schedule now so we don't have issues later you know.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I only still went to church when my oldest was born, and she started going along the Sunday after she was born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kassidysmama
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:31 AM

my daughter started at 2 weeks old & is now almost 5 months & still goes

KRYSTALK1013
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:45 AM

My daughter was 4 weeks. She slept the whole time. 

Mom24munchkins
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Ds was born on Saturday, he got out of the hospital Monday and went to church the following Sunday. I think your fine.
3lilladies81
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:50 AM
I waited a month I couldn't wait any longer lol
angela.bouchard
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Never lol
rwebb11
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:07 PM
My son was 10 days old when he started going to church. He stayed with me in the service until he was 2
Months old and then started going into the nursery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:11 PM

I usually go back as soon as I feel well enough to go. DH holds him and that keeps people from getting too close, plus DH has no problem telling people to back up! lol! We keep all four of our kids in service with us (we don't even have a nursery) so we taught the older ones to color quietly and we just walk the younger ones in the back of the sanctuary if they get fidgity. There are a lot of kids at our church so a little noise doesn't bother anyone. 

Here is a good blog post my pastor did about havings kids in church that you might find interesting:

http://www.tobyjsumpter.com/really-worshipping-with-kids/

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

expectantmom81
by Erin on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Ds1 was preemie so they recommended waiting at least a month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Diamondblue1
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:06 PM
I just took chunky bunny to church last sunday. She was 3 weeks old and we just went this past sunday to and she's a month now. She's going to get dedicated this coming sunday:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)