Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms who co sleep

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:36 PM
  • 11 Replies
Do u ever worry about SIDS? Or suffocation on breast or blankets??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aniters
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:39 PM
no. when DS was younger I would put tolled up blankets around him so I could feel if I was too cloae to him. he also slept on the side near the wall. once he got older, about 2-3 months, he started sleeping in the middle :) I would also breastfeed him while sleeping. I love bedsharing. I feel much better knowing he's safe in our bed with us.
NowImAMom...
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:39 PM

SIDS can occur in a crib or in bed with mom. Yes, I worry about SIDS, but I am close to my son and can make sure he is ok all night long. I do not worry about suffocation on blankets, because we don't and won't use any until he is older. I don't worry about suffocation while he's nursing because he makes sure he can breathe. Sleeping with baby gives me a constant night awareness of him.

Jacylove
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:40 PM
Do u have a crib?

Quoting aniters:

no. when DS was younger I would put tolled up blankets around him so I could feel if I was too cloae to him. he also slept on the side near the wall. once he got older, about 2-3 months, he started sleeping in the middle :) I would also breastfeed him while sleeping. I love bedsharing. I feel much better knowing he's safe in our bed with us.

Mel0dy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:41 PM

At first I worried alot untill I found a way that worked for DD and I. She was my first so it took me about 2 weeks to figure out what worked for us and what was the safest way for DD. 

aniters
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:48 PM
nope. I never bought one and I'm glad I didn't because it was going to be a waste of money. my sister gave us a bassinet but he only slept in there once which was the first day we brought him home. after that he's been sleeping with us :)

Quoting Jacylove:

Do u have a crib?

Quoting aniters:

-Kney-
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:57 PM
I coslept with my first who is 6 now i did that till he was 1 .. I never worry about SIDs because then id be worried all the time

I sleep close and we swaddle or if hes not havin it then we just put a blanket over him.

I feel a lot safer with my kids in bed with me.. i do have a crib we got cheap from a friend we will use once he gets older
anamc414
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:26 PM
Co sleeping & bed sharing are 2 different things. Bed sharing is what it is but co sleeping is when LO sleeps in the same roombut their own space (crib/bassinet). I do both. I have his crib in my bedroom. He starts the night there. He sleeps the longest stretch in his bed 4-5 hrs. Then he wakes to nurse. I bring him in the bed with me & daddy goes to the sofa. He is a deep sleeper. I actually sleep better when he is in the bed with me. When he is in his crib i wake up here & there to just look at him & mske sure he is ok. My best advise is every baby & mommy is different. Do what works best for both of you. Mommy knows best. LOL. Really. Best wishes. Oh & i would say that he slept with me all the time for about the 1st 2 months of his life. It was the only way i kept my sanity with all the growth spurts. He is now 6 months.
Lottie925
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:31 PM

I did when he was younger, but not now (11 months). We really had to because he has reflux and was up 8-10 times a night screaming. Now that he's outgrowing it and the meds/formula combo is working pretty well, we're ready to put him in his crib. We did the ferber method with DD and will do the same with him.

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:39 PM

a little. I find myself waking up a few times a night just to look at her and see if shes ok. But I'm a bit of a spaz like that.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope. More kids die in cribs then in their parents beds plus I practice SAFE co-sleeping. I also have been a light sleeper since my first was born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)