• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help with fever (piog) update

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:00 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi ladies, 

I am of the belief that a fever has a job to do - but Im not sure where to draw the line. 

DS is sick for the first time at 9 months and his fever is 101.84. He vomited once, and has been super lethargic all day as his fever climbed. Is this still a low grade fever?

Do I try and bring the fever down by myself? If I take him to the doc will they give him meds to break the fever and then wont it come back when they wear off? 

fever climbing to 103.1 :( should I try a lukewarm bath??

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
IrishIz
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:09 PM
The doc won't give meds that you can't give at home. Fever meds are over the counter.

I Medicare fevers based on the child and not the temp. If the child is acting okay (but sick) I leave it go.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momma2b2008
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:10 PM
We do Motrin and Tylenol every 4 hours! The Motrin is wonderful! It works fast and helps them feel better fast!
Crystal_S
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:27 PM

He's mostly sleeping all day. fussy and uncomfortable when awake but not sure that it enough to give meds quite yet

robbinsroost
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:31 PM
I usually treat at about 100. My 10 month old is getting over the flu. I gave tylenol or motrin every 3 hours if his temp was over 99. His ped said to keep him medicated so he could be more comfortable.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)