Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with newborns.

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:43 PM
  • 26 Replies
Does ur partner help u out? If yes how so?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kaylahk
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:53 PM

sorry no newborn just yet just really wanted to know if you had your girl yet? I hadnt been on in a while and last I heard it was your due date.

Pregnancy%20ticker

Lilypie Maternity tickers

kirstina
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:55 PM

My babies are newborns anymore but he helps. He has a job and provides all the income for our family. When my 3rd was born he took over bedtime for my older 2.

Jacylove
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:02 PM
Yes I did :) finally she is now a week old :)

Quoting Kaylahk:

sorry no newborn just yet just really wanted to know if you had your girl yet? I hadnt been on in a while and last I heard it was your due date.

gavin423
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:02 PM

He tries, lol. He has zero ability to function on low sleep.

Nights that he doesn't work the next day, he gets up and gets whoever is up to nurse and changes the diaper if needed and will burp the newborn if I ask. (I'm tandem nursing my 6 week and 16 month olds.) If he works the next day, I don't ask for help during the night.

He will watch the newborn and put the toddler to sleep while I put my preschooler to bed and get my shower.

Other that, he doesn't really do anything "Care" related. He holds her (especially if she's sleeping) and will lay on the floor and talk to her or watch TV while she kicks. But he doesn't do baths and usually changes maybe 2-3 diapers (between the two girls) in the evening between work and bed. I EBF and don't use bottles so he can't really help feed.

aniters
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:07 PM
when DS was a newborn DF would help as soon as he got out of work :)
hthrlcl
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:16 PM
yes he helps with everything. Just last night he got up with the baby so i could get some sleep. He does everything except baths, but he gets them dressed after baths. He is amazing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Summerlion1123
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:38 PM
He helps with everything.
DaniVan
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:44 PM
He pays all the bills & since he works full time & is a full time student, he starts with the kids when I get groceries. That's the only time I'm away from my kids these days
Aleshad01
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Yes. He helps with whatever I need him to.
yikesitsmindy
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Not really. Dd is 4 months and ebf. She is just starting to like it when dh holds her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)