• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i wish my dd was ready to come off oxygen :(

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:07 PM
  • 9 Replies
she will be 4 weeks old tomorrow, and she is still on o2. We did another room air test today, and she didnt pass. Her levels are between 88-94, but they have to be 92 or above over night for her to come off. Last week she did better, she was off o2 for 3 hours before it started to drop. Today she was only off for an hour. She is only on 1/32 L (they call it a wiff) and they said it seems like she is almost ready, but she keeps failing the test. Its so stressful. I want my baby to be healthy, and take her into a different room. But on a good note i finally got to give her a bath today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Jacylove
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Aww I'm sorry!! I know how it feels to feel help less my daughter had jaundice and we had to put her under bluelights she kept failing her levels were high. I kept crying seeing her under there just crying that mask over her eyes :( I just want to take her outta there and soothe her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hthrlcl
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:46 PM
thank u, and im sorry little jacy has to go through that. Is she still under the lights?

Quoting Jacylove:

Aww I'm sorry!! I know how it feels to feel help less my daughter had jaundice and we had to put her under bluelights she kept failing her levels were high. I kept crying seeing her under there just crying that mask over her eyes :( I just want to take her outta there and soothe her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:49 PM

((hugs))

XOXOnBubbles
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Hope she is able to get off the oxygen soon.  You are right... 1/32 L is a super low level to be on.  Sounds like she should be off of it soon. 

My daughter was born 7 weeks early.  She was in the NICU for 3 1/2 weeks and was on oxygen for 2 more weeks after she came home.  I understand just wanting them to be healthy and able to breathe on their own without any help.  (((hugs))) 

Was your baby a preemie? 

hthrlcl
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:09 PM
thank you, and in a way she was a premie. I had her at 37.4 weeks, but she had IUGR so she was the size of a 33 week old. She was in the hospital for 8 days. How is your little one doing?

Quoting XOXOnBubbles:

Hope she is able to get off the oxygen soon.  You are right... 1/32 L is a super low level to be on.  Sounds like she should be off of it soon. 

My daughter was born 7 weeks early.  She was in the NICU for 3 1/2 weeks and was on oxygen for 2 more weeks after she came home.  I understand just wanting them to be healthy and able to breathe on their own without any help.  (((hugs))) 

Was your baby a preemie? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstina
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:19 PM
my son was on an apena monitor for 6 months I was so ready to get of that thing but when they told me he didnt need it anymore I was so scared he would stop breathing and I wouldnt know. i watched him sleep a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XOXOnBubbles
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:50 PM

She is 20 months old now and doing great.  She is a happy, active, healthy little girl, and you would never know she was a preemie, or was ever on oxygen.  :-) 

Quoting hthrlcl:

thank you, and in a way she was a premie. I had her at 37.4 weeks, but she had IUGR so she was the size of a 33 week old. She was in the hospital for 8 days. How is your little one doing?

Quoting XOXOnBubbles:

Was your baby a preemie? 

Laulaulu321
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Aw. It seems like she's close to passing the air test though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babygomez
by April on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:56 PM

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)