• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Give me strength! (Sleep issue)

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:01 PM
  • 5 Replies
My little guy was the best sleeper. Sleeping through the night by 8 weeks. He had a rough spot at 4 months, but we introduced food and he went back to sleeping through.

Two week ago (almost 10 months), he started waking up in the middle of the night and only going back to sleep if I brought him into bed with me. We moved to a new house last week. At the same time, he is cutting a new tooth. AND my poor baby has a cold. We also had a lot of commotion going on all week.
Now he won't go to sleep at night or for naps unless he's in bed with me. He just cries and cries. It's breaking my heart. I know it's so much going on for my little guy.
I can't keep sleeping with him in the guest room. I have to let him cry it out, but I feel like crying myself.

Somebody give me some mommy support! Please!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
YzmaRocks
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:53 PM
This is actually normal for this age, especially considering all the changes he is going through and the fact that he is not feeling well. It's a hard stage but it will end, I promise! All three of mine went through a rough sleeping patch right around that age and we all managed to get though it.

In the meantime, I recommend lots of coffee :)

Another recommendation I have is to read The No Cry Sleep Solution. Sleeping babies with no crying involved. This book helped me so much with my second baby!
SamsMomSays
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Thanks!! It breaks my heart when my little guy cries, because he is the easiest going child with the sweetest disposition. It takes a lot to make him cry.
Thanks for the mommy support!!

Quoting YzmaRocks:

This is actually normal for this age, especially considering all the changes he is going through and the fact that he is not feeling well. It's a hard stage but it will end, I promise! All three of mine went through a rough sleeping patch right around that age and we all managed to get though it.

In the meantime, I recommend lots of coffee :)

Another recommendation I have is to read The No Cry Sleep Solution. Sleeping babies with no crying involved. This book helped me so much with my second baby!

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:20 PM
It's the age. Teething, growth spurt, sleep regression and especially separation anxiety.
You don't *have* to let him CIO. I personally wouldn't. He's clearly not feeling well and going through alot with the transition of moving, he needs you more than ever. You yourself feel terrible, imagine how he feels mama. When my dd hit that stage, I didn't think we would survive it, but it passed, just like all the others.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamsMomSays
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:26 PM
What did you do? How long did it last?

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

It's the age. Teething, growth spurt, sleep regression and especially separation anxiety.

You don't *have* to let him CIO. I personally wouldn't. He's clearly not feeling well and going through alot with the transition of moving, he needs you more than ever. You yourself feel terrible, imagine how he feels mama. When my dd hit that stage, I didn't think we would survive it, but it passed, just like all the others.

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:34 PM
It lasted a few weeks. She's always slept in the room with us. A couple nights she ended up in bed with me after waking up 8+ times to nurse. I just went with it lol. Once she was done transitioning herself down to one nap a day, things got alot better and she got back into a nice.routine again. Forcing a baby to do anything is always more stressful and doesn't really work well. I've always had great success with establishing routines (not schedules) and following her lead.
I promise it gets better. The reason why it's breaking your heart to hear him is cry is because it goes against natural instincts as a mother to leave your baby to cry. In the wild, babies who cry are the first to get eaten. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)