• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! My 4 month old won't sleep!!!!

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:02 PM
  • 23 Replies
So my daughter is4 months today and is stil not sleeping!!! In fact she is waking up every hour/ every other hour and wants to nurse herself back to sleep. She won't take a pacifier either! I have not tried a bottle yet but i am totally exhausted!!! What do I do? She is my third baby but my others took pacifiers!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emilymomma133
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Mine is 6 months and Im still in the same boat.!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zugichbaby6
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Baby wise book is amazing!! I went through the same thing with my son.
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Quoting zugichbaby6:

Baby wise is the ONLY book that the AAP warns people not to do. When people have followed it, their babies have been labeled failure to thrive.
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Sleep when baby is sleeping.
Have you thought about cosleeping? If done safely, it is really good so you can get more sleep. Also look up how to sidecar the baby's crib to your bed.
mcr17
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Try the swaddleMe? I had to use that for alyssa so she would sleep. I stopped a week ago since she outgrew it.
Misash103
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:47 PM
Wow, I don't remember writing this. You just described what's going on with my 4 month old DD! I breastfeed too. The thing is, at four months there is a huge growth spurt. They eat it seems like 24/7. Don't worry, it'll soon go back to "normal," whatever that is. Hang in there, momma, and keep up the breatfeeding. It is a wonderful, binding experience, as you know, and best for your little one :)
zugichbaby6
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol well mine thrived amazingly and I had ppl ask me what I did to have such a happy healthy baby boy.... So I guess to each there own.. You never know until you make the decision yourself..

If ppl really knew what the book was about they would know its all about living your child to the best of your ability.. It worked wonderful for us.

Quoting Junebaby18:

Quoting zugichbaby6:

Baby wise is the ONLY book that the AAP warns people not to do. When people have followed it, their babies have been labeled failure to thrive.
Countrygerl
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Have you tried putting her in a swing? Our 2nd dd slept in a swing till she was six months old and she never took a pacifier.

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:54 AM
Quoting zugichbaby6:

I know exactly what it's about. I have read it but never followed it. A lot of women at my church do it and most of those mom start out Breastfeeding and within a couple months, they are going to formula because they were so rigid with the scheduling that their milk became less and less. Their baby's also weren't growing correctly either and were labeled ftt (failure to thrive).
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Do NOT use Baby Wise!!! Worst book ever published!!!!
4 months is a HUGE growth spurt as well as sleep regression. It will pass mama, just keep nursing on demand!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)