Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice Needed: Hello my question is that my dad wants me to...

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:26 PM
  • 15 Replies

Hello my question is that my dad wants me to change my son sleeping patterns and my son is only 1 month. can i cahnge his schedule on sleeping or when he gets a little grown up he will change is sleeping patterns?? Because also i get few sleep at nights and my son wakes up at 3 in the morning and  wont go back to sleep until 5 or 6 in the morning.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:29 PM
The first 6-8 weeks are pretty much at the mercy of the baby, in my experience. You can certainly start trying, but expect it not to go just how you want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoganTroyMom
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:34 PM
i wouldn't bother to start trying until after at least 6-8 weeks. you might get some relief around 8 weeks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:34 PM
That young you just have to go with it. They have their own schedule. Sleep when the baby sleeps. And take care of yourself. The sleep deprivation wont last forever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Love200673
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:36 PM

oh okay...because it's really hard because my son sleep's all most all day and at night, but it's always at 3 in the morning when he wakes up and wants to cry, eat so i feed him, walk with him around my room and at 5 is when he goes back to sleep :( and i try to rest as much as i can when he is sleeping

Mrs.Velasquez
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:37 PM
2 moms liked this
We don't sleep train at all. At that age, they are learning there surroundings and adapting to the world. I wouldn't start that early.

My second daughter started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks.
Love200673
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:40 PM

s i just leave him to adjust on his own?

Mrs.Velasquez
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:44 PM
We always follow baby's cues. As they get older, they will stay awake a little longer during the day and sleep more at night.

Remember they were in the womb for 9 months. They didn't know when it was night or day. They are learning. One thing you can try is making sure the noise level is high during the day and of course quite at night. I heard that helps.
Love200673
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:48 PM

okay i can try that

And this actually helps me to get out on this sleeping pattern for him because i knew that it wasn't right trying to change his sleeping schedule at a small month. Thank you very much

schatzi869
by Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:52 AM

My son started sleeping through the night at three weeks (not every night, but most). However, on the nights he was up, it helped with a little "familiar sounds". I found this bear at Kmart that played womb sounds and heartbeats, and my stepmom gave me this thing that you put on the crib rail and it plays four differrent sounds. There's rain, waves, heartbeats, and a lullaby. It also has a little night-light. You could try something like that. Also, we would "Taco mi TonTon" (dh is Latino, son's nickname is TonTon, which is short for his middle name  Antonio). Anyways, we would wrap him like a burrito in a little blanket. If his arms were in the blanket, he would sleep and not cry. If he wiggled his little arms out he would cry. 

jessicaaris
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:41 AM

I agree

Quoting larissalarie:

The first 6-8 weeks are pretty much at the mercy of the baby, in my experience. You can certainly start trying, but expect it not to go just how you want.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)