Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG I feel so bad for my lil guy.. I just wanna cry :(

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:47 PM
  • 9 Replies

My lil guy is gonna be a month old on the 26th. we found out last week that he has thrush. I have never had a kid who has had it and I never really fully knew what it was till now. I mean I knew about it but not what it was or how they could get it. Well I feel like its my fault cause I was breastfeeding him the first week and half after he was born and I was on pills everything I read said that is one reason that could cause it but really its just something know one knows why they get it.

Well anyways I just feel so bad for him because he is just beyond fussy and can hardly finish a bottle. He has only been on his meds for 3 days now but I just feel so bad.

I hate seeing my lil guy in pain :(

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jlbelknap35
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:59 PM

It could of come from you or the air or really anything. Its a yeast infection of the mouth and sometimes it just happens. Don't beat yourself to much. It sucks but not your fault. If your still breast feeding start adding more yougert and a probiotic to your diet. If formula now ask your pedi about adding a pro biotic to his formula to help fight it naturally.

babygomez
by April on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:48 PM

hugs

MommyO2-6631
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:18 AM
Gentian violet works better than diflucan. Many yeast infections are resistant to prescriptions so if it doesn't work try gentian violet
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:19 AM
And sanitize all bottles and pacis daily if not twice a day
amy1763
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Both my last 2 daughter would keep getting thrush over and over until they were about 5 months old. I bottle fed, kept everything so clean and boiled and just couldnt stop it. No idea why. I totally hated it. The babies faces would always break out so bad everytime the thrush came on adn the dr always told me it had nothing to do with it. They were so wrong. Anyway it should clear up pretty fast:)

-Kney-
by Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:38 AM

yeah I know it's not my fault but it just sucks seeing him like that. He has his days where he is fine and it dont bother him but like last night it just gets him and it takes him awhile to finish a bottle.

We go to the doctors today at 3pm just for a follow up and to see how he is doing with it

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Get some gentian violet. Paint your nipples with it, and nurse him. That way you're both treated. Most docs will prescribe nystatin, which is loaded with sugar and usually makes it worse.
It's not your fault mama, it's very common. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
merryvoice
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 12:01 AM

My now five month old had thrush when she was two and a half months old. I never even heard of it before that! She got medicine and I was told to sanitize her bottles every single day. We did that until about two weeks ago. She's been fine ever since. 

zugichbaby6
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 10:20 AM
This

Quoting jlbelknap35:

It could of come from you or the air or really anything. Its a yeast infection of the mouth and sometimes it just happens. Don't beat yourself to much. It sucks but not your fault. If your still breast feeding start adding more yougert and a probiotic to your diet. If formula now ask your pedi about adding a pro biotic to his formula to help fight it naturally.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)