Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Babies 1st Birthday?!

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 2:37 PM
  • 8 Replies
My DD's turning one on February 7th, and were planning an indoor 'ice princess/snow princess' theme, ad I have the decorations all figured out. I just wanted any tips/stories you can give me. I'm not sure how much food to make/what foods to make. I'm expecting around 60 people, that's including their kids) because both me&SO have huge families. So any tips are welcome! Also any food ideas/photos of decorations in the snow princess theme would be great! Were doing purple and white, and not the Disney princesses. Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
abra
by Abra on Dec. 26, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Here is a chart for servings

http://toostinkincute.blogspot.com/2012/09/serving-sizes.html?m=1

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

MommyOfOnee
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 3:08 PM
Thank you! I'll check it out as soon as I get on the computer :) my mobile web browser is so slow lol

Quoting abra:

Here is a chart for servings

http://toostinkincute.blogspot.com/2012/09/serving-sizes.html?m=1

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pittymama
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 4:30 PM

appetizers for the older folks, mini cupcakes for the babies? 

MommyOfOnee
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 5:25 PM
We were thinking of doing mini cakes too, like just bake a cake in square cupcake pan and decorate them for everyone too. Cupcakes are a great idea! Also we were thinking about mini pigs in a blanket, I think those would be perfect with mini sandwiches for the adults. Does anyone recommend a better time in the day? Like a time so the kids aren't super hungry, or too tired? Jw

Quoting pittymama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pittymama
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 5:31 PM

we haven't had a first birthday here yet but i would think like 1. enough time for kids to play and have fun and a little after lunch so they won't be super hungry. mini pigs in a blanket would be neat! you could also get a cheese platter/make a cheese plater (with veggies and stuff) for the adults that don't like hot dogs? 

Quoting MommyOfOnee:

We were thinking of doing mini cakes too, like just bake a cake in square cupcake pan and decorate them for everyone too. Cupcakes are a great idea! Also we were thinking about mini pigs in a blanket, I think those would be perfect with mini sandwiches for the adults. Does anyone recommend a better time in the day? Like a time so the kids aren't super hungry, or too tired? Jw

Quoting pittymama:

erikays
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 6:14 PM
I'm not a big party kind of mom, maybe just get a little of everything? Veggies, fruits and I like the mini cupcake idea!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstina
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Its cold do soup or chili. Easy food is pizza.

SarineLewis
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 6:06 AM
Pinterest has lots of ideas :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)