Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Schedules and frustration! How'd you do it?

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:36 AM
  • 14 Replies

My dd is 3 months and won't go to bed until 1-2am.... I have tried getting her up early... Keeping her up ( she is a bear if she is tired) any tips, tricks that I can use to realign her schedule? Tg I am not working right now ..don't know how I would do it! She doesn't like a pacifier and just started being able to self sooth with her hands 

by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 27, 2012 at 1:05 AM

I'm not sure, bump!

jridgill
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 1:42 AM
I always breastfed my kids to get them to go to sleep. My suggestion is to try a swing, keep her warm, get a good routine. I hope she starts sleeping better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 2:09 AM
1 mom liked this

that young is still pretty early to get a sleep schedule but my general rule was 2 hours up and 2 hours down.  As for sleep, I think the first bout of separation anxiety starts at 3 months, so what worked with our youngest was to give her one of my sleep shirts, so she had Mommy scent for comfort.  I am also a big proponent of infant massage--start at the feet and rub towards the heart--it boosts growth and development as well as a strong bond and is calming for both you and the baby.  Who wouldnt pass out after a full body massage as well??!!  White noise such as a standing fan provides a buffer to outside sounds as well as circulates the air reducing the chance of SIDS.

Good luck!

SarineLewis
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 2:18 AM
My ds is 9 mo and his sleep schedule is all over the place. 2 am one night, 9:30 a couple nights, 2 am the next night. Right now it's 10 (which is when he would normally go to sleep. He is digging it will all he's got. Tossing, turning, talking, whining. Luckily not crying. I'm so exhausted he is in his crib while I'm on the couch across the room.

I hear having a good sleep routine helps. Same things, every night, same time. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lindsay122001
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 2:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I had my dd on a sleep schedule at 4 weeks. Same thing exact same time everyday. She wouldn't take pacifiers or anything. Bath at 7, 7:30 eat 8 to bed awake or not.No crying or anything. I was lucky with her. They say it's how they trick you into having a second lol :) that's all I got. Good luck mama!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Completely normal. Unfortunately motherhood means NO or very crappy sleep lol.

It will get better but she's too young for anything to work well. I've been blessed with great sleepers and the key was bedsharing:-)

My first slept with me for 6 months then went right to his crib, without any issues.

My second I switched at 6 month but he started teething and went back to sleeping in my bed until 9 months with no fuss!

My third is 15.5 months and still nursing 3-4 times at night(he nurses about 12 times a day) and he's still in my bed. Once he night weans he'll go to his crib with minimal fussing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I would check out The Baby Whisperer method. At that age, it is still pretty touch and go as far as schedules go. But if my baby doesn't naturally fall into a healthy routine by 4 months, I assist them into one for everyone's sake. :) Two of my kids fell into natural sleep patterns between 3 days and 1 week old (lucky, right?!) the other two were terrible sleepers. I tried cosleeping with one of them which ended up being a massive mistake. It fixed the immediate problem but created sleep problems later in life that we didn't get turned around until she was almost 4 years old!! With my other bad sleeper, I used the method mentioned above (aka ccio) and he has been sleeping for 5+ hours a night before waking up to eat. He is nine months now and is in the habit of going to bed between 7:30 and 8:30 (depending on what is going on at home/how tired he is) and waking up between 1 and 2 to eat and then going back to sleep until 9 or 10 in the morning. He is healthy and happy and everyone one else is getting a good nights sleep too! WIN! :-) I hope this helps. Sleep deprivation just isn't good for anyone! Hang in there!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Yea, I'd just lay down with them and boob them back and forth until they gave up and passed out.    When is her last nap of the day?

Mrs.Bolin
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 2:31 PM

unfortunatly there is nothing you can do. My 3 mon is the same way. She goes to bed around 1-2 and she wont take a paci either. It works for us right now because this is the time she goes to bed everynight. Eventualy she will get better. 

bchic24
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I have no clue! NOTHING worked with my son!! Even now at 2 we struggle to keep him on a sleep schedule. It's a constant battle! Most nights we get him asleep by no later than 10 but he still has random nights where he just runs around like a mad man until 4am!!!! GL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)