Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

MY BREASTS MY BABY :////

Posted by   + Show Post
I REALLY CAN'T STAND IT WHEN HEALTH " PROFESSIONALS" TELL ME TO WORK ON STOP BREAST FEEDING MY BABY !!!!!!!! GRRRRRRR........

It happened at her 12 month check up , AND today at her first dentist visit !!!!

WTH!?? SINCE WHEN IT IS ANYONE'S BUSINESS HOW I CHOSE TO BF MY BABY ?!!

YEA I'M PISSED ! Next visit which will be her 15 month check up , the doc wants her off the breast , sleep trained ( still wakes up at night for feedings ) , and I forgot the other thing , which is next month because she is now 14 months !

I stood up to the dentist today and told her that its MY personal choice , and I will stop whenever WE Are ready ! PLUS, My hubby promised me if I keep giving her booby he will get me another CC SKYE bag LOL , not really a reason, but something to look forward to . DAMM YOU BABY TRAINERS !!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:03 PM
Replies (11-20):
bbyB10
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:37 PM
I didn't know that, but thanks for the info .

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

It's the World Health Organization. :)

Doctors don't receive training in breastfeeding, never take what they say too serious, most of the time they have no idea what they're talking about lol

Quoting bbyB10:

IDK who that is but thank u and to think , I take my kids to the famous Children's Hospital of Los Angeles in Hollywood SUPPOSED to be the best doctors etcccc

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

The WHO recommends nursing until atleast 2 years old. You're doing a great job mama. :)

mommy06and09
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this
im sorry you are going through that. my dd pediatrician told me not to cosleep. i thanked her for her opinion then respectfully disregarded her info.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:53 PM

My pediatrician told me the same thing at dd's 12 month appointment, I just ignored him and kept doing what I know was best.  Her dentist also tried to tell me that she needed to be weaned last time she went in.  It is pretty annoying that so many health professionals are so ignorant about breastfeeding, when it's the healthiest thing for a baby/young child.

bbyB10
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Glad I am not alone:) this is actually very discouraging

Quoting cabrandy03:

My pediatrician told me the same thing at dd's 12 month appointment, I just ignored him and kept doing what I know was best.  Her dentist also tried to tell me that she needed to be weaned last time she went in.  It is pretty annoying that so many health professionals are so ignorant about breastfeeding, when it's the healthiest thing for a baby/young child.

lulu9209479
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Just curious why she isn't sleeping through the night at over a year old?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bbyB10
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:19 PM
Probably , because her daddy gets up to get her whenever she squeals

Quoting lulu9209479:

comptonkids
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:21 PM
No one sleeps through the night
Its hardwired into our DNA to wake up a little several times in the night, unlike adults, babies have not figured out how to not fully awaken and go back to sleep

The age/time they figure it out is different for every child

Quoting lulu9209479:

poosey08
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

My doc said the same thing, we aren't quitting either!! They stop when they're ready!! Kellymom.com has great info on how good breast milk is for babies so why would we stop?

lauratupper
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:01 PM

do what you feel is best, and try not to let other people's opinions bother you.

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:07 PM

I agree

Quoting lauratupper:

do what you feel is best, and try not to let other people's opinions bother you.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)