Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

MY BREASTS MY BABY :////

Posted by   + Show Post
I REALLY CAN'T STAND IT WHEN HEALTH " PROFESSIONALS" TELL ME TO WORK ON STOP BREAST FEEDING MY BABY !!!!!!!! GRRRRRRR........

It happened at her 12 month check up , AND today at her first dentist visit !!!!

WTH!?? SINCE WHEN IT IS ANYONE'S BUSINESS HOW I CHOSE TO BF MY BABY ?!!

YEA I'M PISSED ! Next visit which will be her 15 month check up , the doc wants her off the breast , sleep trained ( still wakes up at night for feedings ) , and I forgot the other thing , which is next month because she is now 14 months !

I stood up to the dentist today and told her that its MY personal choice , and I will stop whenever WE Are ready ! PLUS, My hubby promised me if I keep giving her booby he will get me another CC SKYE bag LOL , not really a reason, but something to look forward to . DAMM YOU BABY TRAINERS !!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:03 PM
Replies (21-30):
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:18 AM
Ugh pediatricians are idiots... Just keep doing what you're doing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Lol you crack me up.

Quoting larissalarie:

Lol, ok first you've gotta calm down. If you're going to go against societal norms it would be wise to expect some resistance. You aren't going to help the cause any by ranting and being angry. (of course this being cm, you're likely going for drama, lol)

Their OPINION is just that, so learn to let it roll of your back. Doctors aren't trained in parenting or breastfeeding, they are just spewing opinions like the next guy treat it as such even if most of the rest of society well act like those suggestions are a command.

So yeah, calm down and develop some confidence in your parenting. Then you won't care what random people tell you you HAVE to do. In fact random people are unlikely to tell you anything about your parenting when you're confident.
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Breastfeeding strengthens jaw muscles, makes teeth healthier and is good for development. Pediatrians and dentists have no breastfeeding training. Do your own research and remain confident in what you know. Peds are not for everything, and are not nutritionalists.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bbyB10
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:29 AM
I think I would freak OUT

Quoting mommy06and09:

im sorry you are going through that. my dd pediatrician told me not to cosleep. i thanked her for her opinion then respectfully disregarded her info.

bbyB10
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:31 AM
I DON'T know much , BUT enough to see for myself how they trick and blind parents

Quoting Turtledoves:

Breastfeeding strengthens jaw muscles, makes teeth healthier and is good for development. Pediatrians and dentists have no breastfeeding training. Do your own research and remain confident in what you know. Peds are not for everything, and are not nutritionalists.

bbyB10
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:35 AM
Yes!!!!! Very true , I am gonna check it out

Quoting poosey08:

My doc said the same thing, we aren't quitting either!! They stop when they're ready!! Kellymom.com has great info on how good breast milk is for babies so why would we stop?

bbyB10
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:36 AM
I think my eyes Almost popped OUT , I still don't believe

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Ugh pediatricians are idiots... Just keep doing what you're doing!

jenzachsam
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:24 AM

I let it go in one ear and out the other.  Just a couple of weeks ago, my dd's ped recommended I feed her rice cereal lmao!  I will not feed my baby rice cereal and refuse to feed my baby at 4 months old anyway.

shortyali
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:36 AM
I just nod and smile. In one ear and out the other. DH told me after the last Ped appt that I looked like a bobble head doll, lol. It was his NP and she tried telling me that bm expires after 6 weeks so there's no need to bf after 6 weeks. Also not to pump to much during the first 6 weeks because then baby can only bf for leas than that. Because you know when baby is born you fill up with exactly 6 weeks worth of milk and ince its gone to bad so sad, right. **SMH**DS2's next appt is with the actual dr so in going to talk to him about that bad info.
jridgill
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:44 AM
Is there a reason the baby sees a dentist? Our doctor was very supportive. If she wasn't then I would've changed. We don't see a pediatrician. We see a family doctor. My kids don't start going to the dentist until 3 unless there is a problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN