Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MY BREASTS MY BABY :////

Posted by   + Show Post
I REALLY CAN'T STAND IT WHEN HEALTH " PROFESSIONALS" TELL ME TO WORK ON STOP BREAST FEEDING MY BABY !!!!!!!! GRRRRRRR........

It happened at her 12 month check up , AND today at her first dentist visit !!!!

WTH!?? SINCE WHEN IT IS ANYONE'S BUSINESS HOW I CHOSE TO BF MY BABY ?!!

YEA I'M PISSED ! Next visit which will be her 15 month check up , the doc wants her off the breast , sleep trained ( still wakes up at night for feedings ) , and I forgot the other thing , which is next month because she is now 14 months !

I stood up to the dentist today and told her that its MY personal choice , and I will stop whenever WE Are ready ! PLUS, My hubby promised me if I keep giving her booby he will get me another CC SKYE bag LOL , not really a reason, but something to look forward to . DAMM YOU BABY TRAINERS !!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:03 PM
Replies (51-56):
mommamaggi
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:16 PM

I let my twins' ped talk me into giving up BFing at just 6 weeks. She convinced me that I was starving them and they needed special formula and breast milk was just going to hold them back. I regret it so badly now :( I could have kept BFing and supplemented with formula, but at the time she had me terrified that I was starving them and formula only was the only way to go :(

PinkButterfly66
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Every mom has probably had to deal with being told something from the peditrician that she didn't agree with.  I just nodded and ignored.

expectantmom81
by Erin on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:31 PM

That's terrible!!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Just keep on nursing : )

momofpreemieboy
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:34 AM
The longest I Breast Fed was 19 mths I see nothing wrong with longer Breast Feeding it just keeps them a little healthier. Tell the doctor you will find another pediatrician if He or she doesn't support your choices when they are healthy ones. My pediatricians were picked for their beliefs and the way they treated me and my children. GL
ssenter
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM
I had one of those drs now I have the biggest beast feeding activist and trainer in Memphis as my sons dr and I have an ob for my pregnancy that also believes in nursing a long as baby wants. My dentist didn't even mention anything. But the dr that told me to quit breastfeeding got a packet of information regarding breastfeeding and the world health organization recommendations. Then I put complaints on every website I could find with her name.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)