Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Someone please help me

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:01 PM
  • 47 Replies
I have an almost 7 wk old ds who is the most unhappiest baby I've ever seen. If he isn't being held he is screaming his head off. Not regular crying...SCREAMING. From the moment I put him down until I pick him up he will scream non stop. I can't even get 5 mins to fix food or give my 2.5 yr old a bath, or pretty much anything, without him totally flipping out. Also, every night between 7 and around 930/10 he just cries and cries and cries and nothing will stop it. He ends up coughing and choking more often then not. And then He eventually just passes out. Neither of my other 2 kids did this and I am at a complete loss as to what to do. Is this colic or is he just a high needs baby? i breastfeed so could it be something im eating? he doesnt seem to be gassy or in a lot of pain, its just he is not happy unless held. And then theres the every night cry-fest. I've tried gas drops, gripe water, all the tricks to help with any possible gas issues, I've tried baby wearing and he hates it, he wont take a paci but doesnt want the breast because he just wants to suck but there is milk coming out. I am going insane and about to completely lose it if something doesn't give. My husband is in Korea til July so I have no help with anything other than my mom coming by occasionally if she is off work. She has her own busy schedule though so unfortunately she can't be much help. I am just so stressed with this baby and I feel horrible but all I think about is someone PLEASE come take this baby out of my arms so I can get a break. I know something is bothering him but I've tried everything and nothing is working. Does anyone have any advice/suggestions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
liss05
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Join the breastfeeding group pn here the ladies in there are a wealth of information. Congratulations on your newborn.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Do you wrap your baby?

I mean wrap the baby in a blanket securely?

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:06 PM

adding this: 

some babies really need to feel close and comforted. Maybe he just needs a little more time feeling like he is still in the womb. They feel more secure when wrapped with a blanket.

Baby_Avas_Momma
by Elizabeth on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:08 PM
Definitely get yourself a wrap/sling. He's still a newborn and as stressful as it is, it's normal to want to be with you. (Hugs) mama, it will pass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luv.My.Soldier
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:09 PM
He's never liked to be swaddled. Right from birth he'd wiggle out or cry if he was "restrained". Which is also why he doesn't like to be worn.

Quoting Basherte:

Do you wrap your baby?

I mean wrap the baby in a blanket securely?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liss05
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Try this website. http://www.coliccalm.com/baby_infant_newborn_articles/acid-reflux.htm

April620
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Try different types of pacis, my dd only takes one made by gerber with the bulb nipple, she hates the mams, nuks, etc. Also try putting him down in an upright position such as in a bouncy seat, maybe he has reflux... Idk sorry youre going through this, just keep telling yourself this too shall pass
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baquick
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:11 PM
It could be colic or reflux. But it just sounds like he wants to feel another body. Have you tried swaddling him? What kind of wrap or slinp do you use? I've heard a moby works well for things like this.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Luv.My.Soldier
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:12 PM
I have a moby and a ring sling and he hates them both. Cries and tries to stretch out every single time i try to wear him. I know it's normal to want to be held but when I literally can't put him down at all, even when he is asleep, then it really starts to wear on you. I simply can't hold him every single second of every day ya know.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Definitely get yourself a wrap/sling. He's still a newborn and as stressful as it is, it's normal to want to be with you. (Hugs) mama, it will pass.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liss05
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:14 PM

The football hold

Drape your baby tummy-down along your forearm, and place his head in the crook of your elbow, with his legs straddling your hand. Grasp the diaper area as you press your wrist along his tensed abdomen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)