Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what was /were the most unpleasant thing(s) about your pregnancy?

Posted by   + Show Post

Pregnancy is no joke on a woman's body. What were some of the most unpleasant things about your pregnancy(ies)? For me it was (TMI) hemorrhoids, not being able to sleep in any position in the 3rd trimester except for my sides (and I would have to switch sides constantly or my lower back would hurt) and going to my weekly 3rd trimester appointments only to hear the doc say "oh you've dilated to a 1, almost 2". Then week after week she would say there was no progress. I just wanted to cry. I was so ready to get that baby out!

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:58 AM
Replies (11-20):
Mommy9494
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:51 AM

With this pregnancy ( it has not finished yet 30 weeks today) It was contracting Chicken Poxs from my neice and being hospialized for 4 days and itching like crazy and the horrible fevers and vomitting. All the Carpal tunnel that I now also have, The horrible morning/day/night sickness. And not being able to sleep comfortably at all during this 3rd trimester ( I  even bought the huge pregnancy pillow and babies R us and I STILL can't sleep good at night).. 

sissy852
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:58 AM
with my first nothing really but with ds2 everything. I hadnt lost all the weight from cubby he was 3 1/2 mo when i got preggo with john. I hurt and was stiff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:12 AM
With the first it was the constant, severe, never ending dizziness, sickness & vomiting frequently resulting in blacking out (aka hypermesis gravidarum) that didn't let up until delivery.

With the next two, I honestly can't even complain. Those were so easy after living through the first one to get a taste of what real suffering is like! I did have crazy heart burn with them, but again, not a big deal.

Pregnancy #4, remains to be seen. I've been incredibly ill the past few days, I'm hoping it's not going to be a repeat of the first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudMom2634
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:53 PM

With DD, it was difficult when she was 2-6months due to vomiting and dizziness so I even resign in my job for my babies health but it's worth it :D

jenzachsam
by Jen on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:02 PM

The hypermesis this last time.  I hate vomiting all the time :(  I'm so glad my reproductive days are over now!

kirstina
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:02 PM
I am starting to forget the negative side affects of pregnancy but I can't remember all positives. The feeling of something living inside of my tummy. The belly growing and the baby moving.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ambermario4ever
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Getting bigger and staying that way. I am now working my ass off to try to loose the weight.

toddler girl                         toddler boy

Sarah                                           Luciano

(10-16-06)                                  (11-27-08)

lismore
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:10 PM
With my first one it was migraines

With this pregnancy I haven't really had any bad experiences yet but I'm only six weeks so I'm sure there will be some.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poosey08
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Nothing....til that God awful pain of labor!!!

Ukmuma
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:58 PM

In my first pregnancy morning sickness that lasted the whole pregnancy, and also anemia which would make me pass out on a daily basis from 4months onwords so the sickness & anemia.

With my second my pregnancy was pretty good only complaint was heartburn.

My third baby hyperemesis which again lasted the whole pregnancy, spd and spotting on 2 occasions x

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)