Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

what was /were the most unpleasant thing(s) about your pregnancy?

Posted by   + Show Post

Pregnancy is no joke on a woman's body. What were some of the most unpleasant things about your pregnancy(ies)? For me it was (TMI) hemorrhoids, not being able to sleep in any position in the 3rd trimester except for my sides (and I would have to switch sides constantly or my lower back would hurt) and going to my weekly 3rd trimester appointments only to hear the doc say "oh you've dilated to a 1, almost 2". Then week after week she would say there was no progress. I just wanted to cry. I was so ready to get that baby out!

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:58 AM
Replies (21-30):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:58 PM

All day sickness

Maddoxs_Mommy12
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Honestly, the only thing unpleasant about my pregnancy was heartburn. Oh, and everybody thinking i was helpless. In June I was out in the yard helping my boyfriend's mom and girlfriend do yardwork and everybody was telling me not to be doing stuff that i didn't need to be outside. Nobody would let me do anything. It was irritating.

mydarlingsofia
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Lol my placenta was in the front with Amberli too but she's so freaking strong that you could feel her NO problem lol

Quoting SarineLewis:

With my first, ds liked to stretch out so much he spread my ribs.

This time around sooooo much. Twitchy legs, heartburn, painful hips, infections, sickness. Not fun at all. And I barely feel her moving since my placenta is on the front.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aleshad01
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Not being able to sleep, leg cramps.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bbyblueAK
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Ds#1 there wasn't really anything that unpleasent about his pregnancy

Ds#2 i had nausea and pregnancy induced carpel tunnel

mydarlingsofia
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:28 PM
My hips started seperating at 18 weeks so half the pregnancy I was in pain. But it wasnt all day. About the first hour or too after waking up and before bed is when it hurt. Biggest thing was heartburn. Terrible heartburn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:29 PM

I wouldnt know where to start I had very very bad preterm labor with both my girls . so i was misserable the whole time expecially the second time around. So I wouldnt be able to tell you the worse part from 20 months on it was non stop crazyness :O(

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:33 PM
I had severe Hyperemesis Gravidarum, so I'd have to say the worst part was vomiting almost 24/7 from the time I was 7 weeks until the day she was born. Having to be on 2 different anti nausea meds, being admitted to the hospital multiple times due to severe dehydration and malnourishment because I went days without keeping down any food or liquids.
And yet somehow I managed to still work part time until I was 36 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
desperatelyTTC
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Constipation :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
swmmra
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I'm 36 weeks and so ar the worst has been the heartburn that made my throw up. The hip pain from laying on my sides. The lovely crotch zingers. Not going for weekly check ups yet, that is next. But I'm sure hearing that I am still the same will get frustrating... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)