Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

what was /were the most unpleasant thing(s) about your pregnancy?

Posted by   + Show Post

Pregnancy is no joke on a woman's body. What were some of the most unpleasant things about your pregnancy(ies)? For me it was (TMI) hemorrhoids, not being able to sleep in any position in the 3rd trimester except for my sides (and I would have to switch sides constantly or my lower back would hurt) and going to my weekly 3rd trimester appointments only to hear the doc say "oh you've dilated to a 1, almost 2". Then week after week she would say there was no progress. I just wanted to cry. I was so ready to get that baby out!

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:58 AM
Replies (31-40):
bellaamore
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Yeast infections last time.
This time, the bad taste that's been in my mouth for 14 weeks, yeast infections and the auto immune rash I have all over my body- I've had it five weeks so far.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoeyJrsMomma
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:40 AM

The sciatic nerve pain was unbearable. I almost think that was worse than birth itself and I didn't have an epi!

jridgill
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:23 AM
Peeing every 2 minutes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmomma6804
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:31 PM
My first was a breeze. The only really bad thing was I gained about 70 pounds. Thankfully I lost all but 20 lol. My second was so different. Heartburn caused by literally everything. Pain in my pelvis so bad I could barely sit comfortably let alone walk. Than there was the (tmi) constipation. Ugh!! In the end it was worth it though!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angevil53
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Kidney stones. Hate them and they return with every pregnancy.
raye-chan
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:33 PM
The extreme tiredness, pre term labor, high blood pressure, pre eclampsia, the rapid weight gain and loss.

Overall for me, it sucked lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KMadsen
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:35 PM

PUPPS. Worst thing ever.

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:59 PM

With my dd I was lucky and had a pretty easy pregnancy I only got the occasional heartburn and nausea but no sickness.  With my ds I had all day sickness that lasted until I was like 14/15 weeks and constant hearburn and I was also pregnant with him during the summer and that sucked. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
kaybri2012
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:02 PM

I love my little boy, but pregnancy was a bit of a nightmare.  I lost 15 pounds from morning sickness that lasted until about 20 weeks.  No joke.  I had Reynaulds of the nipple that caused them to hurt for no real reason - like the burning pain that was worse than anything I remember (prior to childbirth), heartburn, sore back, itchy legs, and carpal tunnel.  This was all leading up to a birth at 36 weeks 3 days when my water broken and I had to be induced.  Baby spent 10 days in NICU and I had to get a blood patch days after the birth because my epidural (that I had to have TWO of because the first didn't take) left a hole in my spine. 

Whew!  Nonetheless, I want to have more!

Jacylove
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:56 AM
Having a bad depression, to point where I wanted to die, on top of that I got called stupid, or made a mistake getting pregnant by alot of ppl. && I wanted support & comfort I didn't get that... :( but now every1 who called me names or hurt me is all sudden happy for me or now there??... Oh well
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)