Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Did you "just know"?

Posted by   + Show Post

The day that you gave birth (besides a scheduled c-sec), did you have a feeling that you "just knew" it was going to happen that day? I did. I can remember everything about that day and thinking in the back of my mind that it was going to happen. At midnight on dd's due date, my water broke.

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:01 AM
Replies (21-30):
rmfanfgljf
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:50 PM

I didn't know with any of my three kids. With my oldest I woke up in labor, that subsided so I was able to sleep for a few more hours, only to awaken again in labor. With my second, I was told the very day I had her that I wouldn't have her anytime soon, so imagine my surprise when my water broke a few hours later. And with my son I knew he wouldn't be born on April 21, because he wanted his own name......I made a deal with my fil that if my son was born on his (fils) birthday then I would give my son his name (Armando) so thankfully my son was born on April 22 and we named him Gabriel.

kirstensmommie
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:53 PM

With my 1st and 2nd no. WIth my 3rd I had a feeling my doctor was going to make me head to the hospital.

KristaElizabeth
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:58 PM
I had a feeling DS was coming soon. WHen my water did break DF didn't believe me. He just thought it was discharge ....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kirstina
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:07 PM
My first no I was actually sure I wasn't going into labor. My second I woke up and just knew. My 3rd I was expecting in for weeks before I was induced.
Salem2012
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Well i kept saying i think he will be born at 38 weeks even though i had a c-sec scheduled for 39 weeks and as it turns out he was born at exactly 38 weeks.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:01 PM

No, I never knew lol

mydarlingsofia
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:10 PM
My first, no. My second, yes because I was induced lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bbyblueAK
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:11 PM

no i had no clue because i was sleeping when my water broke at 36wks exactly.

maria1613
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:19 PM
The 12 hrs prior to realizing I was in labor, I had absolutely no idea. We were making plans for the next night since I was so certain the baby wasn't coming anytime soon. But then my SO made laugh right before we went to bed, I didn't know until the morning that I was in labor.
prettymommylove
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:10 AM

yes, i told everyone her second due date and that's the day she was born <3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN