Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

potty training?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:23 PM
  • 10 Replies

my dd is almost 18 months. i've noticed she has been keeping to a "potty" routine such as holding it during naps then going after she wakes up, etc. i've heard this could be a sign of readiness for potty training but i'm not sure. she's my first baby so i'm not sure how it works. i know not to rush it and she'll do it when she's ready but i wanted to get an idea of what to look for. so how did you know your LO was ready for the big kid potty?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Salem2012
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh man i have not even thought about this yet! My LO just turned 10 months....good luck!

jenzachsam
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly, it's never to early to start, but don't force her.  I would put her on the potty every day though and do a reward system.  

ZoeysMom11
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:48 PM

BUMP

tyrelsmom
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Have a potty by her change table and put her on it every now and then. When you change her and especially when she wakes up dry.
My 3 year old was fully daytime potty trained at 13 months. I started putting her on at diaper changes at 5 months old and she just really took to it. I started my youngest even earlier, but she's not as into it. But then again she's 12 months and used the potty 3 times today. Which is pretty awesome anyways. I just make it a normal thing for them from infancy, and it's worked out pretty well for us.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
maria1613
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this
When my DD was about 13 months she loved sitting on the potty (fully dressed) with us like she was trying to get the jist of it. But then she quit until a few weeks ago and she's now 2. She just didn't like having a wet diaper, so she would take her diaper off whenever she peed. Now we're soooooo close with potty training I can see the light at the end of the tunnel also known as buying diapers and wipes
mandapanda82
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:19 PM
I started too early with my first. I got her a potty at 16 mos... It pretty much just sat around for like a year! But that's ok.. It is really never too early. Just put her on every now and then and let her guide:)
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:48 PM
It's not to early to introduce the potty but don't expect much:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZoeysMom11
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:27 AM
bump
KAP4198
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this
That's a good sign, but unless she shows interest to the actual potty, I wouldn't expect much yet!! Maybe ask her after nap time, "do you want to go potty with mommy? " see what she thinks!
jridgill
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

It's not to early to introduce the potty but don't expect much:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN