Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

From bed to crib

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:07 AM
  • 11 Replies
I have a 2 mth son who has been sleepin on our bed since he was born. wen he goes wit my parents dey hav a bassinet for him bt dnt lik it much we are barely goin to a new apartment which is bigger dan da current im really nervous dat once we put him in his crib hes goin to refuse to sleep der any advice?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this

welcome to parenthood.   some babies are like that!   just follow safe cosleeping guidelines and he'll outgrow the need.

Mrs.Bolin
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:35 AM

I never put any of my kids in the bed with me at any age.  its a bad habbit,lol. Dangerous no matter how they are sleeping. Transition. Someone else on here had a simalar post. Start with naps in the crib during the day. let him cry and wine. He needs to learn how to soothe himself. He will learn if you keep workin on it. If not then you and your man will never have a personal life in your own bed cause the kiddos will always come back

NowImAMom...
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:39 AM

I bedshare with my 8 month old, and I find nothing wrong with it :)

Follow safe bedsharing guidlines, and it's ok to share. 

If you want baby to have their own bed, that's ok too, but DON'T let baby CIO until at least 6 months old.

PEEK05
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:39 AM

This

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

welcome to parenthood.   some babies are like that!   just follow safe cosleeping guidelines and he'll outgrow the need.

MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:20 AM

I coslept with both of mine and never had any trouble transitioning them.  What my youngest did like when she was having separation issues was my sleep shirt, so she had Mommy scent for comfort, lus that farbic is super soft and not heavy like some baby blankets so she didnt get as hot.

SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

I never put any of my kids in the bed with me at any age.  its a bad habbit,lol. Dangerous no matter how they are sleeping. Transition. Someone else on here had a simalar post. Start with naps in the crib during the day. let him cry and wine. He needs to learn how to soothe himself. He will learn if you keep workin on it. If not then you and your man will never have a personal life in your own bed cause the kiddos will always come back

well, I guess my second and third children are both miracles of immaculate conception, and my boys who sleep all night in their own beds must be freaks of nature... and the simple fact that they're all still alive after so much cosleeping... I wonder how we ever managed that seeing as its so dangerous!   (sorry for the snark, I couldn't resist)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
proudmama11212
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Its understandable how ppl tend to hav der opinions abt cosleeping -.-
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Quoting PEEK05:

This

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Mrs.Bolin
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Well, 7 yrs ago my cousins 3 yr old little boy sufficated in the blanket while he was sleeping in bed with is mother. A baby that never slept in a crib or anything.Thats why i stress the issue especially for babies and small children. It was a horrible time and parents think that it cant happen to them.Parents with separation issues is what gets me. Just put the kids in there own bed to begin with and there will most likely never be a issue with them. Thats the point i was tryin to get accross because so many parents have trouble with this. Thats where they go wrong. I have seen so many of the same posts on here about this issue. There is not such thing as a co-sleeping guideline. Wow!Once in a while for a older child to have a special night then yeah, but never a little child. I would let them fall asleep then move them to there own bed. I just done understand why a parent would risk there kids lives because it makes them feel better with there kids in bed with them. If the child was in there own bed to begin with then it would have been so much easier and less problems for transistioning. You might not agree with me but thats just what i believe and know from experience with family. If you disagree then thats fine. Your life not mine. This is just what i believe. We all live different. No need to pick with me.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

well, I guess my second and third children are both miracles of immaculate conception, and my boys who sleep all night in their own beds must be freaks of nature... and the simple fact that they're all still alive after so much cosleeping... I wonder how we ever managed that seeing as its so dangerous!   (sorry for the snark, I couldn't resist)

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
fgraley
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:14 PM
4x as many babies die sleeping in a crib than in their parents bed. It's been medically proven that cosleeping regulates babies breathing and heart rate and drastically reduces apnea episodes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)