Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

3 year old going nuts

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:42 AM
  • 1 Replies

We are having so many problems with our 3 year old and going to bed all of a sudden. It was normal for her to cry a little after I left her room but she would quiet down and sleep for the rest of the night. We do the bath/stories/lights out every night. My husband has even started being a part of the routine during story time and good-nights. Now she'll wake up maybe an hour after she falls asleep and cries. If she keeps it up, I usually go in and calm her and then when I leave she is hysterical wanting me to sleep in her room (I know that's the issue right there, but what am I supposed to do if she is upset?). She cries and screams non stop and will throw things against her door and try to pull and throw things off of her night stands. I'm scared she will hurt herself. It's crazy. I have to physically hold her down with my legs wrapped around her until she calms down, which is a VERY long time. IDK what to do. She has a night light and we keep her door closed but she has ALWAYS been very good about not coming out of her room at night. Should we maybe try putting the gate at her door and leave the door open? If I even mention that she is going to bed by herself she immediately breaks down and cries. It's almost 4 am and she's sitting her yawning saying "I'm not going night night. You go in my room mommy." I'm at a loss...

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
clasater
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:26 AM
If it was me, I would Try to figure out why the change all the sudden. Ask her why she doesn't want to sleep alone anymore, Then try to change whatever is bothering her. Is there a reason you can't just leave her door open without putting the gate up? I would stick to the routine and leave her door open and see if that helps, if she gets scared let her come lay with you till she falls asleep and then take her back to bed. Or maybe she could sleep in your room, my kids used to get scared and they would come sleep on the floor next to my side of the bed. I guess it just depends on why she's doing it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN