Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

getting my baby of the breast onto bottle

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:50 AM
  • 9 Replies
I don't know why I wanted to breast feed my baby but now after 3months she does not want a bottle in front of her. any advice on getting her to drink from a bottle.
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
hippiemamax3
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:51 AM
You wanted to breastfeed ypur baby because youre a good ma! Breastfeeding is such a great gift to your baby with so many amazing health benefits.
But, no advice, really. None of mine ever took a bottle.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:21 AM
My breastfed kids would never take a bottle either. I gave up and just breastfed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Well we were able to get my youngest to take a bottle for about 3 weeks while we went to dinner or something. Then she refused so until she was old enough to wait on it I just stayed home. Blah :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:53 PM
My youngest started refusing bottles at 4 months, he'd only had one. He's 15.5 months (and still breastfeeding) we tried a cup but he mostly chews on it:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shortyali
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:08 AM
If your the one giving the bottle then that's the problem. Why take a fake nipple when the real thing is right there. Give baby and bottle to someone else and leave. If baby takes it great, if not that's fine too. Babies won't starve themselves. Also if your concerned that you'll be gone for more than 4 hours and baby will starve, don't be. What if baby was sleeping that long. You'd be happy right and not stressing?
YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:29 AM
I agree with this :)

Quoting shortyali:

If your the one giving the bottle then that's the problem. Why take a fake nipple when the real thing is right there. Give baby and bottle to someone else and leave. If baby takes it great, if not that's fine too. Babies won't starve themselves. Also if your concerned that you'll be gone for more than 4 hours and baby will starve, don't be. What if baby was sleeping that long. You'd be happy right and not stressing?
rugayah
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Thank u for all the advice and support
melindabelcher
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Agreed

Quoting shortyali:

Baby_Avas_Momma
by Elizabeth on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Yep! :)

Quoting shortyali:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)