Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Advice Needed: Newborn wont sleep unless u hold her

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:42 PM
  • 60 Replies

How do I get my 1 month old to sleep in her crib? My husband has her used to being held 24/7.

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
almondpigeon
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:45 PM

i don't know, but i'm sort of in the same situation.  we bed share, but my 1 month old cries unless i'm holding him.  has to be me...no one else can calm him.  i literally hold him all day long. i'm in the bathroom right now & the poor thing is screaming his head off.  

ambermario4ever
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Have you tried one of those little baby rockers that vibrate.

Disneymamaof4
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:53 PM

It may sound like a "bad mommy" thing,but,I put her in her carseat (un buckled),put it on my bed and she seems to be sleeping soundly. Theres just gotta be a better way,but, if this works for now,great bc mama is tired.quiet

LoveMyCuties612
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:09 PM
I did this with my son for the first month of his life.. I felt horrible doing it but he literally wouldn't sleep any other way :/ my DD was much easier lol she slept in her rock and play for a few nights then I coslept until a few nights ago lol :/

Quoting Disneymamaof4:

It may sound like a "bad mommy" thing,but,I put her in her carseat (un buckled),put it on my bed and she seems to be sleeping soundly. Theres just gotta be a better way,but, if this works for now,great bc mama is tired.quiet

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squocket
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Why not just co-sleep and then wear her during naps? Get a sling, a moby wrap, or some other carrier suitable for such a young baby and keep her close. She won't need it forever and you can sleep train her when she gets older, but for now, she may just need that contact.

That said, has something changed where your husband can no longer hold her as often?

blackcat1515
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

with my boys I put them in their swing and they slept threw the whole night

hollinicole
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:14 PM
With DD I had to wrap her in a blanket that smelled like me. We would take her crib shit and put it under my pollow case to get my smell and same with the blanket, only way I could get her to sleep with out being on me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Co-sleep:-) Follow safe co-sleeping rules and it's perfectly safe. All three of my boys slept with me.

For daytime a swing may help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cynthje
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I think its a normal thing, they want to be close to someone, use a sling or other type of carrier during the day and stay with the baby till she falls asleep, co sleeping or room sharing is ideal if possible

audreesmama
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

This is normal. She was inside you for how long? Hold her. She will learn to be independent, but you can't spoil her by holding her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)