Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthday Party Ideas

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:48 PM
  • 6 Replies
How did you celebrate your LO first birthday? Did you do a particular theme? My ds birthday is coming up. We don't have that many kids to invite so it will be mostly adults.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I did what DD loved - Blue's Clues theme. It was and still is her favorite thing so it was a no brainer.

This year, if we have a party (I'll be 9 months pregnant when she turns 2) I'd like to do a Minnie Mouse party, as she adores Minnie.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this
We just have relaxed parties with friends and family. They usually come over for a casual dinner, gifts, cake and ice cream. :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I used their bedding theme as their first birthday theme. Jungle for my first and monkeys for my second. My third we did a joint birthday with my oldest with a bug theme(oldest son's choice.) Our oldest and youngest are summer babies so we do outdoor parties usually at parks. Cakes/cookies, chips, and drinks.

We do a small party for our second who was born in January so we do a small family party. Once he's older we'll go to the children's museum or something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amy1763
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

We always do a party with family and friends. We let them pick a theme and have pizza, cake and ice cream and a pinata with candy. My youngest is an August abby so yes, we can finally have a pool party! The older two are october so we put them together oct 22 and oct 28.

alandou
by April on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:15 PM

We didn't have a theme going on. We had dd's 1st birthday in a hotel room and invited a bunch of our close friends to help celebrate. We had pizza, pop and cake. As far as decorations, it was just a bunch of balloons and I put down a cheap table cloth under her highchair for her birthday cake smash. It was just nice to have friends and family around to celebrate with her. DH and I are the first of many friends to have a child.

alandou
by April on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I was also going to mention that there are a few CM groups that talk about ideas for birthdays/celebrations. Even if there haven't been many active posts lately, you can still browse through previous posts and get some ideas. You'll just have to do a group search on CM.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)