Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting to know you: What is your ideal breakfast?

Posted by   + Show Post

DH and I were just talking about breakfast as he made me an egg (yup, he made me coffee and an egg, he is a keeper!) and he was saying his favorite breakfasts are the full on eggs, pancakes, bacon and fruit kind, while my ideal is a big protein shake.  How about you? If you could eat anything for breakfast, what would you want? 

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Replies (21-30):
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:34 PM

The only breakfast foods I would eat on a regular basis is french toast or pancakes.  I use to love bacon but when I was pregnant with my ds just the thought of bacon made me sick and it still does lol.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
PEEK05
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Oh I feel you! I am hypoglycemic so it is worse in the morning after fasting all night.  If we don't have a big breakfast (most days we do not), I need to drink like an orange juice or eat/drink something else that is a little sugary so that I do not get sick.

Quoting abra:

That makes sense! From a health perspective, it is much better to eat a big breakfast. I have ridiculously low blood pressure so in the morning I am at high risk for fainting. Carb overload and I'm down!

Quoting PEEK05:

When we do big breakfasts like that, we usually don't eat lunch.

Quoting abra:

:-) He and my sons eat huge breakfasts!! It's incredible! I'd feel soooo sick if I ate a breakfast that big!

Quoting PEEK05:

I like your husband's meal. ;)

newmom121812
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Bagel w/ cream cheese and bacon and oj. Or stuft french toast hash browns bacon an egg and oj
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I am the same way! Juice or lightly sweetened tea before anything else can possibly happen! lol!

Quoting PEEK05:

Oh I feel you! I am hypoglycemic so it is worse in the morning after fasting all night.  If we don't have a big breakfast (most days we do not), I need to drink like an orange juice or eat/drink something else that is a little sugary so that I do not get sick.

Quoting abra:

That makes sense! From a health perspective, it is much better to eat a big breakfast. I have ridiculously low blood pressure so in the morning I am at high risk for fainting. Carb overload and I'm down!

Quoting PEEK05:

When we do big breakfasts like that, we usually don't eat lunch.

Quoting abra:

:-) He and my sons eat huge breakfasts!! It's incredible! I'd feel soooo sick if I ate a breakfast that big!

Quoting PEEK05:

I like your husband's meal. ;)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GE1
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:49 PM

We have a few: scrambled eggs with loads of onions, Sunny side up and bacon, pancakes, french toast and potato pancakes

mandapanda82
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Man I'm hungry reading all these!
babygomez
by April on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh man, I LOVE breakfast! I could live off of pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage links, and hashbrowns. :)

French toast is a close second!

jessmomto2boys
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:28 AM
Ideal, but not what I eat unless going out is french toast. I can pass on the eggs, meat sides, etc. Just give me some good old sweet french toast with syrup!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:29 AM
One I didn't have to make. Doesn't matter what so long as it's not cold cereal.
jessicaaris
by Jessica on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:19 AM

I am not really a big breakfast eater. So probably a bagel with cream cheese or a breakfast burrito.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)