Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding ?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:24 PM
  • 20 Replies

Well my daughter has her first tooth in her upper jaw, and everytime i go to breastfeed her, she bites down hard taking my breath away..Should i continue to feed her the way i do, or start her on bottles and formula? Im a singel mother who's 17. Would really like the help for some advice. Thanks :)

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GremlinMom
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats on making it so far! :) did you know there was a breastfeeding group on here? Maybe go check it out :)

Nursing manners: when she bites, gently unlatch her, saying ouch or no biting. After a bit lay her relatch. The BFing group could give you a link to kellymoms blog on nursing manners. I say keep going!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mollysmom328
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Agree :)

http://kellymom.com/ages/older-infant/nursing-manners-2/

Quoting GremlinMom:

Congrats on making it so far! :) did you know there was a breastfeeding group on here? Maybe go check it out :)

Nursing manners: when she bites, gently unlatch her, saying ouch or no biting. After a bit lay her relatch. The BFing group could give you a link to kellymoms blog on nursing manners. I say keep going!

JassenRyane
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Oh. well thanks! i know now :)

larissalarie
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Any time baby bites, she gets a very stern "no biting!!" and removed from the breast for a moment. It she does it again, same thing plus you set her down and walk away for a few minutes.
If she cries, this is one time you let her for the moment. It means she understands your displeasure.
Usually this stops the biting pretty quickly if you are consistent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Yep, this. 

Quoting mollysmom328:

Agree :)

http://kellymom.com/ages/older-infant/nursing-manners-2/

Quoting GremlinMom:

ashleywagoner
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM
I agree with what the other mamas are telling you! :) Hope you keep going!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Definitely continue to breastfeed, this is very important for her health (and yours)!

:-)

You can just get some help so she won't bite you anymore.

aimhawk
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I agree with everyone else. Sternly tell her no, ouch, no biting and un latch her. DS only did it a handful of times before he realized hey, mom says no!

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Agree with the other ladies:-) It gets better.

I was a mom the first time at 17. I wasn't able to nurse my first two sons but I've been nursing my third 15.5 months:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chan_Brawner88
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Yep agree with all ideas so far! They bite to feel better but you take away the boob and they learn very quickly!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)