Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Diaper leak at night.

Posted by   + Show Post
I have tried huggies snugglers, snug and dry, pampers, and luvs. No matter what brand he always soaks everything at night. We make sure his pee pee is pointed down, but still have issues. I'm starting to think it is my son and not the diaper. Any suggestions?

Edit: he is 4 months old.

Update: Well, I bought pampers baby dry...changed him at 8pm and he went down for bed. Here it is 3am and he wet through the diaper. Any other ideas? I was sure this would work. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Replies (41-50):
arimaur
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:55 AM

maybe it isn't the diaper.  do you think he gets cold at night?  i had the same issue with dd and ds, but i found that if i wrapped them up they didn't wake up leaking. 

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

proudmommy690
by Christa on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Maybe the diapers are getting too small. Try the next size up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Christa on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:58 AM
I use parents choice and no problems with leaking unless they are too small lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crystalplus1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Is he a belly sleeper? I had to put the diaper on my ds backwards to stop leaks because when he figured out how to roll he was always on his belly

Sharell8710
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Try Target brand! UP & UP. They are the greatest diapers I've ever put my kids in. And the price is amazing!!!!

Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Have tried going a size larger? This is usually sign its time to for the next size with my ds. I just switched back to the kidgets brand diapers from the family doller I still can't believe how well they work. They fit him better too.
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:10 PM

My son had that issue as well. The only difference between your little one and mine is that mine was on water pills. Which caused him to urinate a lot more than he would have otherwise. He also had had open heart surgery at 10 days old. SO he needed the water pills to make sure that fluid didn't build up around his heart. 

I would talk to his ped about this, just to make sure that there isn't something going on. Otherwise he might just be a baby that goes more than others do. 

Have you tried the nighttime diapers? The ones designed to be able to handle a lot more than normal ones? 

Those helped a bit for me. I change my son right before he goes up for bed, and change him again as soon as he gets up. soaked but not soaked through. 

Course it changed as soon as he was able to go off of those water pills.

Good luck momma

iansmommy9
by Natasha on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Baby dry always worked for us. Pampers has an extra protection, but don't know what the sizes are. We used a crib saver that snapped onto the too of the sheets so we wouldn't have to strip the entire bed if he leaked. Can't remember the name of it, but it snapped around the rails.

kirstina
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:44 PM
I never had this issue with any of my 3 kids. Move up to a size 3 diaper.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:46 PM

We always had issues with my son until he was about 6 months old. He leaked out the side every night. It wasn't a full issue it was leaking out the side problem.

With my youngest daughter she is 2. Turned 2 in October. I still get up about 1am and change her diaper or she will have soaked herself and her bed in the morning. She only gets water to sleep with so I'm not sure what her deal is. She just pees a LOT.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)