Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diaper leak at night.

Posted by   + Show Post
I have tried huggies snugglers, snug and dry, pampers, and luvs. No matter what brand he always soaks everything at night. We make sure his pee pee is pointed down, but still have issues. I'm starting to think it is my son and not the diaper. Any suggestions?

Edit: he is 4 months old.

Update: Well, I bought pampers baby dry...changed him at 8pm and he went down for bed. Here it is 3am and he wet through the diaper. Any other ideas? I was sure this would work. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Replies (51-60):
PinkButterfly66
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Plastic underpants over the diaper?  Thats what our moms used over cloth diapers before there were disposables.

http://www.amazon.com/Gerber-Waterproof-Pant-White-Months/dp/B0020KR4D4/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

expectantmom81
by Erin on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Hmmmm have you tried rolling the diaper down on the top? That's what we did. Also maybe try going up a size. Does he wake easy? If not then maybe change him during the night before you head to bed?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Manderz913
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:37 PM

We had the same problem with my son. We started using Huggies NightTime diapers and they worked. They can be foudn at Target or Walmart and come in a purple box. Good luck!

Also, my daughter had the same problem around 4 months. We also put her in Huggies Night Time diapers and no more leaks. She gets her diaper put on around 7:45 and usually doesn't get up until 7:45 the next morning so it's on for 12 hours. Believe me, it's a full diaper when she wakes-up but she is dry!

Kellileanne
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:41 PM

My sister had to buy a pack one size bigger and layer that ontop of one his normal size.  Sometimes they are ready to go up a size when leaks become regular.

rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:12 PM
I don't think it is cold thing. The heater unit is in his room and he always sleeps in thick footed pajamas and usually a blanket. We are also in Texas so it doesn't get too cold.

Quoting arimaur:

maybe it isn't the diaper.  do you think he gets cold at night?  i had the same issue with dd and ds, but i found that if i wrapped them up they didn't wake up leaking. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:13 PM
He is a belly sleeper. I'll have to try then backwards tonight. I feel silly doing that, but if it works it works.

Quoting crystalplus1:

Is he a belly sleeper? I had to put the diaper on my ds backwards to stop leaks because when he figured out how to roll he was always on his belly

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:15 PM
I'm sorry your son had so many issues. I hope he is all better now. I'll mention it on Monday when I go to the doctor. But we did the nighttime diapers last night and he still leaked.

Quoting Basherte:

My son had that issue as well. The only difference between your little one and mine is that mine was on water pills. Which caused him to urinate a lot more than he would have otherwise. He also had had open heart surgery at 10 days old. SO he needed the water pills to make sure that fluid didn't build up around his heart. 

I would talk to his ped about this, just to make sure that there isn't something going on. Otherwise he might just be a baby that goes more than others do. 

Have you tried the nighttime diapers? The ones designed to be able to handle a lot more than normal ones? 

Those helped a bit for me. I change my son right before he goes up for bed, and change him again as soon as he gets up. soaked but not soaked through. 

Course it changed as soon as he was able to go off of those water pills.

Good luck momma

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamalove619
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:15 PM
This.

Quoting twinmom86:

Try going up a size. Also try a diaper made for overnigh wear. We had to do both of these with ds (22 months) because he pees so much lol. How old is your ds?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Roll the top how? In or out? He wakes super easy, otherwise I would change him more. But I hate to wake a sleeping baby.

Quoting expectantmom81:

Hmmmm have you tried rolling the diaper down on the top? That's what we did. Also maybe try going up a size. Does he wake easy? If not then maybe change him during the night before you head to bed?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Sorry to hear that. I hope things get better for you and your family soon.

He's 11 years old now, and will need a plastic chest protector so that if he gets punched in the chest it won't cause severe damage to him, possibly including death. But other than that he's autistic, and other than that, he's fine. 

Quoting rwebb11:

I'm sorry your son had so many issues. I hope he is all better now. I'll mention it on Monday when I go to the doctor. But we did the nighttime diapers last night and he still leaked.

Quoting Basherte:

My son had that issue as well. The only difference between your little one and mine is that mine was on water pills. Which caused him to urinate a lot more than he would have otherwise. He also had had open heart surgery at 10 days old. SO he needed the water pills to make sure that fluid didn't build up around his heart. 

I would talk to his ped about this, just to make sure that there isn't something going on. Otherwise he might just be a baby that goes more than others do. 

Have you tried the nighttime diapers? The ones designed to be able to handle a lot more than normal ones? 

Those helped a bit for me. I change my son right before he goes up for bed, and change him again as soon as he gets up. soaked but not soaked through. 

Course it changed as soon as he was able to go off of those water pills.

Good luck momma

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)