Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Diaper leak at night.

Posted by   + Show Post
I have tried huggies snugglers, snug and dry, pampers, and luvs. No matter what brand he always soaks everything at night. We make sure his pee pee is pointed down, but still have issues. I'm starting to think it is my son and not the diaper. Any suggestions?

Edit: he is 4 months old.

Update: Well, I bought pampers baby dry...changed him at 8pm and he went down for bed. Here it is 3am and he wet through the diaper. Any other ideas? I was sure this would work. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Replies (61-70):
arimaur
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:27 PM

boo, and here i thought i would have the answer lol.  i went from pampers to huggies to the walmart brand 'parent choice' and those have been really good.

what part of texas?? i live in deep deep south texas :)

Quoting rwebb11:

I don't think it is cold thing. The heater unit is in his room and he always sleeps in thick footed pajamas and usually a blanket. We are also in Texas so it doesn't get too cold.

Quoting arimaur:

maybe it isn't the diaper.  do you think he gets cold at night?  i had the same issue with dd and ds, but i found that if i wrapped them up they didn't wake up leaking. 

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

expectantmom81
by Erin on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Roll it down inward at the top before placing the tabs so it catches the pee better. They told me that at the hospital.

Quoting rwebb11:

Roll the top how? In or out? He wakes super easy, otherwise I would change him more. But I hate to wake a sleeping baby.

Quoting expectantmom81:

Hmmmm have you tried rolling the diaper down on the top? That's what we did. Also maybe try going up a size. Does he wake easy? If not then maybe change him during the night before you head to bed?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stephwordelman1
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:19 PM

i have the same issues with dd who is 10 months old, always over peeing herself at night, wish i could get the huggies over night diapers but they dont have her size because she tiny she probably just hit 15lbs, i've tried all the brands you listed too, and parents choice didnt do good with dd either :(, hopefully can figure out something soon.

Quoting rwebb11:

I have tried huggies snugglers, snug and dry, pampers, and luvs. No matter what brand he always soaks everything at night. We make sure his pee pee is pointed down, but still have issues. I'm starting to think it is my son and not the diaper. Any suggestions?

Update: Well, I bought pampers baby dry...changed him at 8pm and he went down for bed. Here it is 3am and he wet through the diaper. Any other ideas? I was sure this would work. :(

rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:35 PM
I live about 20 minutes south of Fort Worth.

Quoting arimaur:

boo, and here i thought i would have the answer lol.  i went from pampers to huggies to the walmart brand 'parent choice' and those have been really good.

what part of texas?? i live in deep deep south texas :)

Quoting rwebb11:

I don't think it is cold thing. The heater unit is in his room and he always sleeps in thick footed pajamas and usually a blanket. We are also in Texas so it doesn't get too cold.

Quoting arimaur:

maybe it isn't the diaper.  do you think he gets cold at night?  i had the same issue with dd and ds, but i found that if i wrapped them up they didn't wake up leaking. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:37 PM
That makes sense. Thanks. I'll try that tonight.

Quoting expectantmom81:

Roll it down inward at the top before placing the tabs so it catches the pee better. They told me that at the hospital.

Quoting rwebb11:

Roll the top how? In or out? He wakes super easy, otherwise I would change him more. But I hate to wake a sleeping baby.

Quoting expectantmom81:

Hmmmm have you tried rolling the diaper down on the top? That's what we did. Also maybe try going up a size. Does he wake easy? If not then maybe change him during the night before you head to bed?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:37 PM
This. Go up a size at night or use a night time diaper. I prefer Huggies brand myself. If one or the other doesn't help do both, up a size and night time diapers.

Quoting twinmom86:

Try going up a size. Also try a diaper made for overnigh wear. We had to do both of these with ds (22 months) because he pees so much lol. How old is your ds?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this
My 4 month is bigger than your 10 month old. He's chunky. Someone said try them backwards. I'm going to try that and I'll let you know what happens.

Quoting stephwordelman1:

i have the same issues with dd who is 10 months old, always over peeing herself at night, wish i could get the huggies over night diapers but they dont have her size because she tiny she probably just hit 15lbs, i've tried all the brands you listed too, and parents choice didnt do good with dd either :(, hopefully can figure out something soon.

Quoting rwebb11:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Maybe go up a size? We had this issue with one of my son's. He could only use pampers

rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Well backward was a no go for me anyway. I put him down at 8:45 and he woke up at 11 already soaked to his clothes.

Quoting stephwordelman1:

Quoting rwebb11:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cowgirls10181
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Huggies over nights, or an added diaper insert, not sure where to get the insert but know they make them, for added absorbancy. Gl
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)