Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

when is the right time to have another baby?

Posted by   + Show Post
I have always wanted to have 2 kids but not sure how far apart they should be. my baby girl is 3months old. people have different views on this.some saying sooner be4 u forget,others say 4yrs. Is there a gud time?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Replies (11-20):
amylou111
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:11 AM

A good time is when you are ready. For me I found that with my 3 children, 2-3 years apart is good.

mandapanda82
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Mine are 4 1/2 yrs apart- my younger is still a little baby so we have yet to see how well they get along:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a 6.5 year age gap.  We were never sure we wanted a second child and I was in no hurry to have another one.  I love it so far.  He is a helper, they each have their own things, etc.  I also feel like my first child had our focus and was not competing for attention as a toddler.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

nerdygirl84
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:36 AM

The best time is what you feel would be right for you and your family. What you want and what works for you is what's important. Everyone is going to have a different opinion on what they think the "best" age difference between children is.

angela.bouchard
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I don't see how you could forget.. I say whenever you and your SO decide you're ready.

skittlefart
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I'd say 3-5 years, but I'm not one to talk, haha

100_3402_zpscc9632ae-1_zps98432025
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
ACsLady
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I don't pretend to know...it depends on what's going on in your life, what your current children are like, and all kind of other factors. We leave it up to Jesus knowing that we aren't going to be able to figure it out no matter how much we plan.

I never expected to have 4 kids under 4, but that's what we have. It's hard, but I still believe it's what's right for us...each of our children is meant to be here and to have arrived when they did. I just do my best to take things in stride and live one day at a time.

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Lol, right? With almost 10 years between 1 & 2, I still remembered...and that was with old age fast approaching!

The right time is different for everyone. For me, having my second child sooner to achieve what I perceive to be the ideal gap of 2 years would have been foolish because I had my first at 18. Plans & ideals have to adjust to reality.

Quoting angela.bouchard:

I don't see how you could forget.. I say whenever you and your SO decide you're ready.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
summerbear
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:14 PM
I always thought waiting 2 years before trying again was good, but then I had ds 17 months after having dd2 and ds will be 22 months old when I have #4. I really love them being so close in age. Our oldest is 8 years older then dd2 and she feels like she is "in a different" family than the little ones are.

Close in age works better for my family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:15 PM

3 years has been perfect for my family... but I wouldn't personally go any closer than 2 years apart.   2-3 years is pretty ideal, IMO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN