Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when is the right time to have another baby?

Posted by   + Show Post
I have always wanted to have 2 kids but not sure how far apart they should be. my baby girl is 3months old. people have different views on this.some saying sooner be4 u forget,others say 4yrs. Is there a gud time?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Replies (21-30):
aniters
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:16 PM
I think 2-3 years apart is good :)
tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:46 PM
I like an approximately 2.5 year gap. My second and third were 21 months apart and that was too close for me. I started TTC at 18ish months old. That gives you a 27 month old by the time baby is born.
YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Completely up to you.

My kids are an average of 20 months apart. I like that gap :)
kirstina
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:59 PM
My first 2 are 21 months apart and my 2nd and 3rd are 3 years apart. I really liked them being closer. I am hoping to get pregnant soon. My 3rd is 15 months.
raehalstead
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:28 PM

personally i like that my children are close in age. EXCEPT for my last one.  My older girls are 14 months apart, they are now 8 & 7 yrs old.  It was hard to have 2 in diapers at the same time but as they became potty trained it was great, they both kept each other busy and they could play together. My son is 5 which is still pretty close to the girls. They all play great together and can do everything the other siblings do. Now my last child is 2 months old and there will be a big gap in my opinion and her older siblings will probablly be less willing to play with their baby sister the way the older kids all play together. This is just my opinion. It really depends on your patience level. Could you see yourself having kids so close that they are both in diapers? Or would you want to wait until you 3 month old is potty trained, by then you might be dealing with a newborn baby in diapers and a child with terrible 2's or terrible3's.  Good luck to you hun, you will do what is best for you. What does you hubby or SO want?

jridgill
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:31 PM

It all depends on the situation for me. I wanted them far enough apart so that I didn't have 2 in diapers and so that I could devote 1 on1 time with each child but not so far as that they couldn't play together. I had to be financially ready. There are so many things to think about. Doctors and hospital bills for you, doctor and hospital bills for baby, college fund, supplying basic needs for the baby that turns into a toddler into a child into a TEENAGER (help) that turns into an adult. The need so much!

Good luck with your decision

rugayah
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Thank u ladies. Really helped me a lot. My hubby is not sure he wants to have another baby. but in me saying so I know he is just overwhelmed I also knew I wanted a big family being the eldest of 4. But for now I think waiting until she is 2-3 sounds good. Leaving it in GODS hand
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Everyone is different. My little girl is 18 months and I'm three months pregnant. They'll be almost exactly 2 years apart (this baby is due the same month of DD's birthday). It's exactly how I wanted it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cynthje
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Mine are about 19 months apart
emilyelephant
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Spend some time with a friend's newborn when you feel ready to add another child.  When my daughter was 2 months, my friend's son was almost exactly 10 months old. He was starting to crawl and get into everything. I was left alone with him and my daughter for about 10 minutes, and it was soo hard to feed her, while he was going for the flat screen. I can't imagine having to do that all day! I'm convinced I never want to have another child, but I'm sure it'll change eventually. I always wanted them a year or two apart and I don't think that'll happen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)