Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

when is the right time to have another baby?

Posted by   + Show Post
I have always wanted to have 2 kids but not sure how far apart they should be. my baby girl is 3months old. people have different views on this.some saying sooner be4 u forget,others say 4yrs. Is there a gud time?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Replies (31-40):
MichelleNShane
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:28 PM
I waited to have my dd after my ds was in kindergarten.
pinkiebabii
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:31 PM
I would like my kids to be 18-24 months apart but I haven't even gotten af to try for number two.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:20 PM

In the long run only you can decide.  My kids are 2.5 years apart and that is the perfect age gap for us because we wanted our kids to be at least 1-2 years apart. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:01 AM

It depends on you and your family. :-) My first two are 21 months apart and I absolutely love it! I'm preggo right now and my second and this one will be almost exactly 3 years apart and while we were hoping for closer together this will actually be the perfect age gap for these two. :-) My mom had 4 of us within 5 years and then some friends of ours have a 10 year old and a not quite 1 year old and for them it's a perfect gap.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:08 AM

There is no right time. It's all up to you. What you feel is the best time.

mommyhonu
by Mary on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:22 AM

agreed!

Quoting la_bella_vita:

There is no right time. It's all up to you. What you feel is the best time.

rugayah
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:30 AM
Thank u all for the advice
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TigressLily
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:33 AM

If you're financially and emotionally, and physically stable, then whenever you feel is right. Personally, I don't want to have children too close together that one isn't potty trained while I'm changing the other's diapers again, plus a few other things naturally. If you can handle it, go for it whenever you feel ready. I am happy to be able to focus on my only DD for a couple years at least. I don't plan on having another baby until DD is at least 3, maybe longer not sure. But bottom line, if you feel ready when your girl is 1 year, go for it.... 5 months? go for it.. 5 years? you get the point.

rugayah
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:58 AM
Sounds good to me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoeyJrsMomma
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:47 AM

Mine are 6 weeks shy of being 2 years apart and we love the age gap. I would like to have another one, but now just wasn't the time for us so at a minimum, the middle one and our next one will be 3 years apart. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)