Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Is it common...????

Posted by   + Show Post
For a baby that could possibly have reflux issues to want to feed alot? I've heard because the formula going in their belly soothes the reflux discomfort- I'm just trying to figure out if dd has it- taking her to pedi next week- thanks in advance :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Replies (51-53):
holmes212
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:54 PM
I didnt read all the other replys so sorry if this is a repeat.. my dd had horrible reflux as a baby and threw up all over everything all the time.. i noticed w/ baby food she couldnt handel like the thicker foods banannas ect of that consitincy(sp) made it worse. Also certain juices like w/ banannas in it or orange juice in it.. also my ma always said to feed her less more often. Instead of the norm (example 4 oz every 4 hrs or whatever). Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandapanda82
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:57 PM
But she's been this way since birth. And she gets fussy like 20 min after eating

Quoting expectantmom81:

Doesn't sound like reflux to me. i would say growth spurt ix more likely. My oldest had bad reflux. He would constantly spit up, arch is back, and cray during and after eating.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TerriB0311
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:03 PM
I called and asked his nurse. Originally he was EBF and I knew he had milk issues when he didn't tolerate BM. Even now, he is drinking almond mild and not cow's milk. Hoping he'll outgrow the intolerance.

Quoting mandapanda82:

Did you consult your pedi first?

Quoting TerriB0311:

I didn't mix it. The Alimentum is one of the gentlest formulas out there. He did fine from the first dose. I also put a wedge under the mattress so he was inclined a bit when he slept. Hope it helps!

Quoting mandapanda82:

Do I need to mix it with her current formula if I get the alimentum- do gradually adjust her to it? Or is that not necessary?

Quoting TerriB0311:

My DS had a severe milk protein allergy and spit up a lot! Soy actually made it worse. You may want to consider Similac Alimentum. Once I switched to that, he was a new baby. Good luck! I know how hard it is to watch a LO in pain.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)