Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Bottles during daycare

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:54 AM
  • 14 Replies
Ok so I started my 4 month old daughter on bottles while she's in daycare..but my aunt says their nipples that act like breatsnipples but I'm confused on what to do. I don't think she's getting enough milk because when I bring her home, she "chugs" down the milk like it's nothing. So another question is that is it save to boil the nipples in a pan in hot water or will it melt the plastic?? I'm honestly totally confuesed!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:55 AM

So, you're nursing at home and shes getting bottles are daycare?   What is your concern, specifically?   How much milk is she taking at daycare?

mama_bear77
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:04 PM
the nipples shouldn't melt, its good to boil them
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:04 PM
She's breastfed right?
Baby only ever needs 1-1.25oz per hour in bottles no larger than 3oz. Bottles aren't supposed to satisfy her, they're supposed to take the edge off and be seen as "low supply" time, which makes you the feast and keeps your supply up.
There's no special bottle you have to use for a breastfed baby, whatever bottle they drink from is just fine. Most bottles/nipple are ok to boil unless the package they came in says otherwise. Have you joined the Breastfeeding Moms group?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JassenRyane
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Yea I have
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JassenRyane
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:22 PM
I get so confused what to post In what groups
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:25 PM
How long is she in daycare for and how many ounces is she getting?

Quoting JassenRyane:

I get so confused what to post In what groups
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JassenRyane
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Well she's in daycare from 8:20 in the morning up until 3:20 as soon as I get out of school. I bring atleast 3 bottles and 36 ounces
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Duquesne
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:32 PM
36 oz??? That's more than what she should get in 24 hours!

Quoting JassenRyane:

Well she's in daycare from 8:20 in the morning up until 3:20 as soon as I get out of school. I bring atleast 3 bottles and 36 ounces

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JassenRyane
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:36 PM
I'm always afraid she won't get enough so I send more than I probly should..I get so worried when she's not with me..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JassenRyane
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:40 PM
That's what the daycare lady said but i don't know if that's a normal new mom thing but I pack more because when I'm not with her I bite my nails worrying if she has enough milk and when I pick her up she usually has more than enough but I get so worried :(

Quoting Duquesne:

36 oz??? That's more than what she should get in 24 hours!

Quoting JassenRyane:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)