Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Pros/cons of vaccinations?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:11 PM
  • 15 Replies

Do you vaccinate..why or why not? Any valid links, info, and tips would be greatly appreciated. I have, until the 14th(next drs app) to gather research and make a decision. And if you choose not to, does the pedi give you crap?

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandapanda82
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Well I would just worry of outbreaks of awful diseases if no one vaccinated
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mandapanda82
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:41 PM
I vaccinate both my dds I don't know a whole lot about the cons- but I do respect both sides
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:51 PM

I don't want to get into a vaccination debate but I researched and found a doctor who I felt did what was best for my baby. There are so many options. You can vax, selectively vax, delay, skip one or two, or skip all of them. Some doctor's will not allow patients who are not vaxed.

mandapanda82
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Bunp
mandapanda82
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Bump I mean!
mommyofblueyes
by Ape on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:43 PM

We delay vaccinate, or don't vaccinate until school age, the selectively.  I will not discuss my reasoning though.  Never had any issues from my kids doctors.  

IrishIz
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:44 PM

We do a delayed schedule and won't lump multiple vaccines together.  Our pediatrician is okay with our decision but the group she works for is not.  So our ped covers for us to help us get what we want and what she is okay with.  She does not agree with forced vaccination and believes parents have the right to make their own decision and still have a doctor.  The doctors who own the group believe that if you don't listen to what they want you should find another doctor...ridiculous and childish behavior.  They don't have to like everything a parent does to be their doctor.  If you don't like it...make parent sign a form stating they are going against your advice and put your big boy/girl pants on and move on.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this
We fully vaccinate on schedule because I feel the benefits outweigh the risks. The risk of adverse reaction is extremely low.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenzachsam
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:45 PM

We do vaccinate, but it is selective vaccinations and delayed vaccinations.  I refuse the H1N1, the flu, and the HPV vaccines.  Those are the only three my kids will never get.  That is just my personal  thing.

louzannalady
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:48 PM

HERE is a link with the ingredients from the CDC and other info. It respects both sides, but does lean towards the delay/select/non-vax side, as it is obvious, the benefits to vaxing, if they work as intended. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)