Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

I just need one moment....

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:30 PM
  • 34 Replies
To say that I'm frazzled, exhausted & frustrated. I'm a nurse & work 12 hr shifts. My 9 month old is waking up every 1.5-2 hrs at night, I've been awake since 2:15 & she just laid down for 7 minutes before she was standing at the edge of her crib screaming hysterically. My husband doesn't ever offer to get up with her and if I ask him too he's so loud I may as well get up and do it myself. I'm so spent. I will kit let her cry it out it seems cruel & dangerous to me. With that said I will now quit my pity party, suck it up & deal with it. Thanks for letting me vent.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momto1ryen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Hugs momma! Been there and it is hard and soooooo draining. If you need to close your eyes for a minutes, plugs your ears and take a breath. She's fed, changed and in a safe place so crying for a bit won't hurt her. I'm not a cio mom but I've had to take 10 minutes to collect myself too. HUGS!!!

ladodger
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Thank you. I know I'm in bad shape when that brings tears to my eyes. Thanks for your nice words!

Quoting momto1ryen:

Hugs momma! Been there and it is hard and soooooo draining. If you need to close your eyes for a minutes, plugs your ears and take a breath. She's fed, changed and in a safe place so crying for a bit won't hurt her. I'm not a cio mom but I've had to take 10 minutes to collect myself too. HUGS!!!

lauratupper
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:42 PM

(((hugs))) hope things get better soon!

ladodger
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Thank you.

Quoting lauratupper:

sissy852
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:53 PM
i understand that. My dh doesnt help at night either. And i have a 1 yo and a 2 week old hugs to you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calvinsmommy18
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Vent away. My job is much less demanding than yours but I often feel like a single parents with the kids. Its like if I'm home dh doesn't want to do any of the parenting. He HAS to do it if I work a night shift but he doesn't want to help when I'm home. I work about 30 hours a week usually spread over 4 or 5 days. And work is 40 mins away. So when I get home I'm usually tired and I understand dh is tired too since he works full time. But someone has to do the stuff with the kids and I just want some help. I mean he's better than he used to be but I guess I still expect more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:08 AM

Quoting lauratupper:

babygomez
by April on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:15 AM

hugs Hang in there!

alandou
by April on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:28 AM

Oh, I've been there many times (although I've never had to work 12 hours shifts) and it just doesnt seem like it will ever end. I have to say you are one strong mama! I'm so sorry your husband doesnt see what's going on and offer to help you get some rest. My husband had pretty much put pressure on me to take care of our daughter and no matter what, he didnt want to be awakened by her at night because he needed to sleep for work. And if he did wake up, he would scream at me and be so loud and noisy that it would just upset me and dd even more. He's so much better about it now and he will help me if I need it. Ugh, I hope things get better for you...

amy1763
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:58 AM

Hope it gets better for you soon, it WILL pass eventually :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN