Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

need some help!

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:17 AM
  • 16 Replies

hello!

i need some help for you mommies out there,i done some research&with no luck at all!

i have a 3 month old daughter that always screams&cry around bedtime,i do everything i can think of to get her to stop but nothing works,i even let her stay in her crib in the room by herself&cry it out but that still don't work. .i already went one night with NO sleep&now this is night two with any sleep yet:/ she has reflux so i sit her up alittle in her bed too help with that.we already changed her formula do to spitting that up,idk if i should talk to her doctor about changing formula again (still spits up),or what? i gave her some gas drops thinking maybe she has gas but that didn't work&i also used some grip what or whatever its called. .&still no luck! i rocked her,put her in the swing,put her back in her crib,try feeding her,burping her,changed her diaper,put her on my bed with me,holding her,playing with her for a little&NO LUCK with any of that either.someone please help me,i'm a new mommy&its starting to get to me with no sleep!

&please don't say welcome to motherhood,i so sick of hearing that!

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sissy852
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:28 AM
i would talk to her doctor. It could be her formula or she could have colic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aubreelynns_mom
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:34 AM
Yeah&her cries has real tears running down her face,so idk if maybe her belly hurts or what?
calvinsmommy18
by Nicole on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:01 AM
does she like to be swaddled? That was what my kids loved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aubreelynns_mom
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:22 AM
Yeah,i do that every night.
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:25 AM

My older nephew had acid reflux and my sister changed him to the ready to feed formula and it made a huge difference. And also how much is she eating at each feeding?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
aubreelynns_mom
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:42 AM
Between 5-6oz per feeding&she eats about 3-4 times a day.
opinionatedmom
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:48 AM

are her gums hot? I know people will say she is young for that but my youngest cut his first teeth at 2 months. if her gums are hot give tylenol and teething tablets. another thing to check is her ears. since she is doing it mostly at bed time that makes me lean to an ear infection. it hurts worse when you lay down. give her some tylenol for the night and get her checked tomarrow. specifically request the ears get checked. teething will make them spit up more too. so it may not be the formula.

opinionatedmom
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:49 AM

if it is tummy issues like formula or colic they tend to tuck their legs up with the knees on the tummy.

Quoting aubreelynns_mom:

Yeah&her cries has real tears running down her face,so idk if maybe her belly hurts or what?

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:06 AM

I would try smaller more frequent feedings and see if that has any affect. 

Quoting aubreelynns_mom:

Between 5-6oz per feeding&she eats about 3-4 times a day.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Caitlyn137
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:50 AM
Formula is the issue, I breastfeed , but I have given formula to my baby and she has a fit and will not settle down . Its hard being a new mama
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)