Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

What is the rarest baby name you've ever heard?

Posted by   + Show Post

Would you name your baby a rare name?

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Replies (31-40):
proudmommy690
by Christa on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Kazmera.

That is my cousins daughters name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squeakers2
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:29 PM
I know of 2 other people who have had SS's name. The person he was named for who died 16 yrs ago and that person's nephew who also was named for him. That name is Joby. I know there are other's with that name, but never met them.

My son's name, Zavian, there is one other person I've met with that name. I worked with him. I told him that I loved the name and asked if I could use it. He laughed and told me go ahead. My son wasn't born until about 3 yrs later and I doubt he even remembers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimesnyc
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:34 PM
That' s my cousin's daughter's name.

Quoting AleaKat:

Tatum for a girl, very pretty

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aimesnyc
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:36 PM
My nephew's name is Memphis. Definitely unique. Personally, rare names are not really my style.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nicholy10
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:37 PM

My children have rare names

3 year old boy: Lacota    (La co ta)

4 month old boy: Gavryan (Gav ree in)

PhoenixsMommy10
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:40 PM

My son's name is rare where we live (Phoenix), and so is my name (Joleen).

When people ask my name, they normally say, "Oh did you know Dolly Parton sang a song about you?" It sure gets old hearing that nonsense all the time.

MrsErdos2011
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:40 PM

The nighttime radio dj for sunny 101.5 is named delia

Quoting mandapanda82:

My dds name is Delia- never hear that. We wanted to name her Dahlia at first but my So didnt like the bad association ( the infamous black dahlia murders from the 50s)

I may not be a perfect wife or mother but I am perfect in the eyes of my son and my husband and that is all that matters.

cjsmom1
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I believe it's a Grrek name. When I worked in a nursing home we had two Greek patients with that name

Quoting Turtledoves:

The rarest name I ever heard that I'd still consider using is Kalliope. I heard it twice, in a small published book and in a show. I've loved it for years and before either of them though. I wanted to name our next girl Kalliope Rose and call her Kallie Rose.

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Yes, it is. It's after the greek muse of song.

Quoting cjsmom1:

I believe it's a Grrek name. When I worked in a nursing home we had two Greek patients with that name

Quoting Turtledoves:

The rarest name I ever heard that I'd still consider using is Kalliope. I heard it twice, in a small published book and in a show. I've loved it for years and before either of them though. I wanted to name our next girl Kalliope Rose and call her Kallie Rose.

in lovebaby girlpuppy
Babywearing, co-sleeping, exclusively breastfeeding, AP, natural birthing, happily married SAH Mommy to Katherine Isabelle and baby #2 due July 21st, 2013!

calvinsmommy18
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I do. Well sort of. A girl in my Jan 2012 babies groups dd is named Kairi.

Quoting babygirl7161:

I don't know anyone with my dd name, kairi, (ky-ree)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN