Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

did you keep a hospital bag with you in the car?

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:35 PM
  • 41 Replies

when it came close to your due date, did you make up a hospital bag and keep it in the car with you when you went somewhere? anytime I wasn't at home, I was in my vehicle. I drove 200 miles every day, 6 days a week for my job and I didn't stop until the moment my water broke. I carried extra towels and my hospital bag and it was a good thing I did!

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:36 PM
No!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandybimama
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Yes, my luck is that if i went into labor on my own I would not be home at the time so my hospital bag stayed right in my car from when I packed it at 37 weeks right up until I went to the hospital to be induced

iansmommy9
by Natasha on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Didn't back my labor bag until the night before my due date. Left my postpartum bag half packed when i went to work on my due date. I was having no contractions and honestly thought I would work until 2, go to the doc, they would check me and see if I was favorable for induction, come home, go to work overdue and then be induced a few days later. Luckily DH snuck a wool blanket into the trunk of my car. I needed it when my water unexpectedly broke AT WORK 15 minutes before I was to leave for that induction check up.

MommyofSCC
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:19 AM

I packed a bag and put it in my car at 34 weeks.  And it was a good thing I did.  When I went in for my 37 week appt I had to be admitted to the hospital so it was easier on both me and my dh that I already had it packed and in the car.

angela.bouchard
by Angela on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:27 AM

No I didn't get close to my due date. Lol when we were in the hospital I gave my SO one list of things to grab from home and my mom another list of things to buy at the store.

Simplefancy
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:27 AM
I packed mine around. 30 weeks I felt that I was probably going to go early and my ob always felt confident that I would be on time I went in to the l&d twice because of contractions so we just left the bag in the car lucky I packed early because my water broke at 36.4 weeks good thing I didn't wait till I was on maternity leave
rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:51 AM
I packed a bag around 35 weeks and just left it in the car. The only things not included where our glasses, toothbrushes, snacks, thing if that nature, but I had a list on the fridge of last minute things in case Someone else had to come get everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarineLewis
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 3:23 AM
I will be 35 weeks on Monday. Planning on packing mine and putting it either in the car or in the car seat. Not sure yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jan. 6, 2013 at 3:36 AM

I packed my bag with both my kids around 35 weeks and no I didn't leave it in the car.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Summerlion1123
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 3:38 AM
Yes, I had a bag for me and for baby. This time around anyway. I did not with my first, silly me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)