Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

10 month old still waking to eat 3x a night! HELP ME!

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:25 PM
  • 17 Replies

Hi all!!!

My little girl is now 10 months. We have a night time routine: bath at 6, bottle by 7 sleeping at 7:30 at night,but she still wakes up several times (at least 3x) a night and eats an entire (4oz for her) bottle of milk. I have tried to feed her a big meal of baby food right before bed, but she will only eat very little, and never takes more than a 4oz bottle.  

When she wakes at night she will not put herself back to sleep. She gets very worked up and crys/screams. I'm thinking that she IS hungry because she eats the whole bottle and falls back asleep. She doesn't just suck on it for comfort.

Anyways, I am so tired. The doctor and others say she should be sleeping through the night, but I am just not sure how to make this happen. 

Is there something that I am missing? 

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandapanda82
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Have you tried any sleep training?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
holmes212
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Maybe shes ready for more form? Like 6-8oz when given alone?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
holmes212
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Maybe shes ready for more form? Like 6-8oz when given alone?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstie-marie
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Have you tried giving her water or juice she may just be thirsty? , how many bottles does she have in the day? X
Mrs_McK
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I've tried to let her cry her self back to sleep, I've tried just going in and comforting her (not picking her up). I've gone into the room and picked her up to settle her. Everything seems to make her more upset. 

Mrs_McK
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:31 PM

She usually has 3-4 sometimes 5 bottles during the day from 7am to 7pm. She is also eating 2 baby food jars a day, and one yogurt snack around 3 in the afternoon, and of course baby food for dinner around 530-6.

kirstie-marie
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:41 PM
She sounds like a very stubborn little girl! Haha, urm well try insisting that she has water at night it could be cos she knows if she wakes she gets milk and what baby doesn't want that! X
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:45 PM
6 moms liked this

Sleeping through the night is a milestone that different babies hit at different ages.  Just ignore your Dr. when he says she should be sleeping through the night at this age, also when Dr's say sleeping through the night they don't usually mean all night, they usually mean a 6 hour stretch.  My 2 year old is just now getting to the point where she sleeps all night.  Just hang in there, baby will sleep through the night when she's ready.

girliepink
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Does she get any table foods? When my little guy dropped his night bottles he started eating more at during the day. At ten months she can be eating table foods. Also have you offered her more formula in her bottles? When we felt he was ready for more per bottle we would bump it up an ounce for awhile to see if he was ready for more.
ariesmommy84
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:40 PM
My son did that until he was 2. I'm sorry you are going thru this... It's rough.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)