Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

DD's diet

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:34 PM
  • 12 Replies

My DD's diet during the week:

Breakfast: 4-5 oz Formula, 1-2 oz of Cereal, and half a Fruit

Lunch: Other half of Fruit and Half a Veggie with 2-4 oz of water or watered down Juice

3-4pm: 6-7 oz Bottle Formula

Dinner: Other half of Veggie with a little of what we are having with 2-4 oz of water or watered down Juice

Snack: Cereal or Fruit

Bedtime Bottle: 8 oz Formula

*cereals are make with Formula

*also gets Vitamins with Breakfast bottle

Sundays & Wednesdays gets Yogurt for Lunch

Mondays & Thursdays gets 2 oz of Whole Milk mixed together with 2-3 of Formula with Breakfast

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:00 PM

How old is your DD?

trinitysmama33
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:56 PM

10 months

MommyO2-6631
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:46 AM
She's only taking 3 formula bottles?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
The_Doodle
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:48 AM

I would think at 10 months she would still be getting a bottle of formula with each meal.

trinitysmama33
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:15 PM

she gets the formula in with her cereals, but she only gets them because that is all she wants, she has been slowly refusing to drink as much formula since she was 6 or 7 months old

Marimaru
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

At 10 months formula should still be the bulk of her diet, eaten before any solid foods.  Solid food should only be for practice right now.

trinitysmama33
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:05 PM

she's happy, healthy, and is not behold in any developments at all, I called her doctor and asked him and he said she was find...She was getting 3 7-8 oz bottles and spoon feed twice a day, but since i started giving her cereal in the mornings, her bottles when down to 4-5 oz.  I do ofter her 6 oz but she never wants the 6 oz she will only drink 4-5 oz even though she gets it before the cereal.  I use the last oz or 2 that she didn't eat to make her cereal from it.  

MommyO2-6631
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:34 PM
I would speak to a nutritionist. Doctors are not trained in infant nutrition and at this age bsbies need a certain amount of fat, calories, vitamins, and liquid to develop their brains, muscles and bones. Formula is where babies get the most of this. Baby foods do not have the fat or calorie content that a baby needs to develop. If you thought she was fine you would not have posted this.

Quoting trinitysmama33:

she's happy, healthy, and is not behold in any developments at all, I called her doctor and asked him and he said she was find...She was getting 3 7-8 oz bottles and spoon feed twice a day, but since i started giving her cereal in the mornings, her bottles when down to 4-5 oz.  I do ofter her 6 oz but she never wants the 6 oz she will only drink 4-5 oz even though she gets it before the cereal.  I use the last oz or 2 that she didn't eat to make her cereal from it.  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
trinitysmama33
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:12 PM

I do see a nutritionist because I have so problems, and my DD does see one too plus she sees one at WIC and I only posted because I got bored...n now some one is going to say something like y? thats stupid or u have no life or something within those lines

Loralismommy224
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

I would speak to a nutritionist. Doctors are not trained in infant nutrition and at this age bsbies need a certain amount of fat, calories, vitamins, and liquid to develop their brains, muscles and bones. Formula is where babies get the most of this. Baby foods do not have the fat or calorie content that a baby needs to develop. If you thought she was fine you would not have posted this.

Quoting trinitysmama33:

This exactly!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN