Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Breastfeeding 3 month old

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:38 PM
  • 10 Replies

My 3 month old is exclusivly breastfeed, and finally doing really well after having latching problems. Lately at least once a day my little one will get hysterical when I try to put her to the breast. She acts hungry and gives all the cues of wanting to eat, but she will throw a fit like she is being hurt, if I try to feed her. Its not all the time and usually at night, is this normal, it just has been happening for about 2 weeks and I cant figure out why. I will burp her, change her and do anything I can think of that may be wrong and still she just crys. Any advice is appriciated. Thanks :)

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by Abra on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Have you noticed if it happens with a particular side or not?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Megadot
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:42 PM

She prefers my right side but usually when she has one of these fits it dosent matter which side I try she will still get hysterical. Sometimes it last 5 mins then she will eat, once she went 20 mins, and once she exhausted herself and did not eat at all just fell asleep.

abra
by Abra on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:51 PM

You might try taking her to a chiropractor. My 2nd DD would cry when I fed her because her neck was out of place. After the adjustment, she was all better!

Quoting Megadot:

She prefers my right side but usually when she has one of these fits it dosent matter which side I try she will still get hysterical. Sometimes it last 5 mins then she will eat, once she went 20 mins, and once she exhausted herself and did not eat at all just fell asleep.

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

Megadot
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I will have to try that thanks :)

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:35 PM

No advice but I hope you figure it out!

vinalex0581
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:37 PM

i don't know why.

maybe take her to her doctors.

angevil53
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:52 PM
She might just be stressed in general. At that age that's how they show any frustration. It could be from over stimulation or lack of sleep.
MommyO2-6631
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:49 AM
My son did this. I thought he was just fighting sleep. It got better in a few weeks and would only happen about every other day
WithHope
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:55 AM
Could be she's starting to figure out she's "missing stuff" while she's eating. Is the tv on, or are other distractions present when that's happening?
Megadot
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Not usually. If it happens it is usually when we are getting ready for bed, its usually dim lighting and sitting in my bed.

Quoting WithHope:

Could be she's starting to figure out she's "missing stuff" while she's eating. Is the tv on, or are other distractions present when that's happening?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN