Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

how much "me" time do you get?

Posted by   + Show Post

how much "me" time do you get to yourself on a daily basis? or possibly weekly? my "me" time is every night after dh and dd are in bed. I spend a few hours on the computer until I get tired and go to bed. I'm a sahm and so I don't get much time away from dd, which isn't a bad thing because I love what I do, but we all need a little time alone, kwim?

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:41 AM
Replies (31-40):
bchic24
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Zero. I shower with, I pee with him, and I sleep with him. I'm a sahm and my husband leaves for work before my son wakes up and doesn't get until he's in bed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aniters
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Never. I guess when I take a shower or when I use the bathroom.
angela.bouchard
by Angela on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Lol not much. My SO works nights and he leaves at 11:30 PM. So I have 30 mins to take the dog out take a shower and get in bed.. I get up at 6:30 for school every morning. >.<

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Daily? I get maybe an hour when DD sleeps and I am done with chores & cooking. I used to get more me time on the weekends but Dh has been working Sat's.....and Sunday's are more like "family time". I usually have to let DH know in advance if I am taking some me time.....which I think I might schedule in this weekend.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:32 PM

My husband makes sure I get me time. I think I got a decent amount for being a mom of 4 : )

Jacylove
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Not everyday, but on a lucky day I'll get 30 mins
RutterMama
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Um... a couple minutes at best!

stargazerwolf
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Hm, well I get a little after the kiddos are in bed (usually 9:30 or 10), then my boyfriend gets up to get ready for work at leaves at 11:30pm so I stay up til about 1 or so sometimes so I can get some me time while he's at work and the kids are asleep, so as long as I stay up late I can get a few hours. Sometimes I can't get my 4 year old to bed for awhile and she'll be up til 11, sometimes my 8 month old won't go to sleep and will be up til midnight, so on those days I HAVE to stay up late so I can finally get alone time. Otherwise I occasionally go to bed at 10 and got no me time and didnt even get to say goodbye to the boyfriend before he heads to work.

So I guess it varies from none to a few hours depending on the night....half the time I also spend this alone time cleaning or something as it can be tough to get a whole lot done when a 4 year old is begging for attention and the 8 month old is getting into everything lol. We get some kid-free time for a couple hours on thursdays though when his parents take them so we can get "us" time, otherwise I only see him short times before he goes to bed after work and if he wakes up a little before heading to work (leaves at 11:30pm and gets home about 9am).

ncohetero
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:25 AM

while i'm asleep which isnt often

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:53 AM

If both my kids go to sleep at the same time then I usually stay up an hour or so after them and that's pretty much the only me time I get.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)