Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Off topic but what do you think of this?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:18 PM
  • 13 Replies

http://living.msn.com/love-relationships/the-heart-beat-blog-post?post=84ed35d5-47f9-4810-b3b8-49b787db2e6f

Weird wedding trend: Naked nuptials

Wedding gown too expensive? Try a birthday suit.

By Kristin Wong 4 hours ago

We can't help but notice that more and more couples are taking on an unconventional new wedding trend: tying the knot in the nude.

Yesterday we came across the story of Nick and Wendy Lowe. The couple married last week at New Zealand's Wellington Naturist Club, exchanging their vows completely unclothed. Over 120 guests attended the wedding, and only half of them were wearing clothes.

Photo: Lee Avison/Getty ImagesMore on MSN Living: 14 surprising facts about getting engaged

At the reception, both nude and clothed photographs were taken.

Last year, National Geographic's Taboo documented nine couples who were married in a mass nude wedding in Jamaica.

The resort, National Geographic reported, celebrated "sun, sand and nudity. Not your typical wedding venue."

More on MSN Living: 10 cliche holiday marriage proposals

The couples exchanged vows on Jamaica's Negril beach, wearing nothing but veils and bow ties. One bride described the experience:

"So many things run through your mind, you know. 'Oh my god, I should've started working out."

In a piece titled, "Nude Weddings: 5 Places To Tie The Knot In The Nude," the Huffington Post reported that many nude beaches in the United States are members of the American Association for Nude Recreation (AANR).

Bing: Hot-air balloon wedding crash caught on tape

"The AANR says many of its clubs have played host to a number of weddings," Huffington Post reports. "The organization even has members who are ordained ministers to officiate weddings."

Nudist resort Terra Cotta Inn noticed an increase in clothing optional weddings, too. They explained the trend in a blog post:

"The growth of nude weddings is part of a larger trend in nude recreation, which is fast reaching record numbers."

China may be easing into the trend, too. The Xin'an Evening News reported that many young newlyweds are donning their birthday suits for their wedding photos.

"Some photo studios are just going too far. They allow young women to have their photos taken in bikinis or with nothing on at all," said one woman interviewed. "I hope the authorities will do something."

What do you think of the nude nuptials trend? Is it liberating, or just plain lewd?

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by Abra on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:01 PM
That's just stupid! :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
calvinsmommy18
by Nicole on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:03 PM
That's really weird.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I don't want to see the majority of people, ESPECIALLY family members, naked ever! Let alone on
My wedding day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alandou
by April on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:13 PM

I'm already married and I dont even care to see my husband naked in the bedroom. Not a chance in hell would I do this.

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Way to start off a marriage...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bloomsr
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:35 PM
I guess that's one way to cut wedding costs- no dress or tuxes to buy.
jridgill
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:04 PM

haha I didn't even think about this.

Quoting bloomsr:

I guess that's one way to cut wedding costs- no dress or tuxes to buy.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:42 PM

WOW how weird, lol

I would feel so stupid at a naked wedding....

kirstina
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Yep I want my groom to see all my sisters and my mom naked. GAG no way!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
erikays
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:47 AM
Lol no thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)